Software Development Engineer - Prime Video
AmazonSanta Monica, CA
Don't worry we have a lot of jobs on the site like this one;
Browse all jobs
Browse the IS/IT Category
Search for Software Development Engineer - Prime Video jobs in Santa Monica-CA
On the Content Quality Automation team, we write software to automatically detect issues within our video catalog. We use machine learning and cutting-edge simulation techniques to make the computer our eyeballs watching the videos for issues, detecting problems with captions, images, video and audio files. To do this, we cooperate closely with various other teams at Amazon like the Alexa team, AWS Deep Learning and the X-ray team. We also write large scale service to host and run our automated checks.
We are looking for talented software development engineers who can contribute to our world-class engineering culture. We deliver meaningful results for customers while simultaneously investing in each team member's career and overall skill set. Domain-specific skills in video and machine learning can be learned on the job. At Amazon, every engineer has the opportunity to positively impact millions of customers, and you will be called on to identify and realize these opportunities. Our team works end-to-end through the Amazon Video platform, and our team members have direct ownership of the customer experience.
We embrace the challenges of a fast-paced market and evolving technologies, paving the way to universal availability of video and pushing the envelope for streaming quality. You will be encouraged to see the big picture, be innovative, and positively impact millions of customers. This is a young and evolving business where creativity and drive can make a lasting impact on world-wide consumer entertainment.
Successful candidates for this position will have a background in Java, C , or C# and ideally have some knowledge of Ruby. Equally important to these specific skills is a candidate's ability to multi-task, adapt quickly to new development environments and changing business requirements, learn new systems, gain new skills, create reliable & maintainable code, and find creative, scalable solutions to difficult problems.
The ability to communicate clearly and concisely both written and orally is a key competency as is demonstrable skill as a self-starter. We are looking for candidates who are passionate about delivering consistently great digital media experiences to our customers, particularly those who want to grow within a world-class engineering team.
• 4 years of professional software development experience
• 3 years of programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C , or C# including object-oriented design
• 2 years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems
• Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or a related field or equivalent professional working experience
• 3 year's professional experience in software development using Java or C , or other object-oriented language
• Computer Science fundamentals in system design, data structures and algorithm design, and complexity analysis
• Experience releasing highly scalable products
• Experience implementing and consuming large scale web services
• Demonstrated knowledge of service-oriented pattern