Social Marketing Manager
AmazonCulver City, CA
Full Time Job
Social Marketing Manager (Movies), Prime Video
Amazon Prime Video is seeking an experienced Social Media Manager to oversee strategic social media efforts for Amazon Original Movies launches as part of the marketing and social team. Amazon Original Movies is the film content arm of Prime Video releasing 30 films per year to Prime Video, some with theatrical windows. The films will be ambitious independent and broadly-appealing movies by visionary directors that require innovative materials, creative marketing campaigns and excellent communication with internal team members and filmmakers.
This role is focused on developing and executing innovative social media campaigns and driving a best in class customer experience and engagement. We are looking for a passionate digital strategist who has experience managing digital and social marketing strategies for entertainment brands, ideally with experience with movies. The role also requires excellent project management skills, an aptitude for data-analysis, a keen eye for compelling and innovative content (written and visually), and a passion for continuous testing.
• Redefine how social media is used to market entertainment content, specifically for movies.
• Foster and manage relationships with contacts at social media platforms and technologies in order to create new and innovative ways to market our films.
• Work with management and agencies to create and write a social strategy brief for each project and effectively communicate the plans to partners, agencies, and stakeholders.
• Foster and build excellent working relationships with filmmakers.
• Manage budgets and timelines for all social media programs.
• Secure and manage appropriate social media agencies as needed.
• Work closely with the Prime Video media team to help develop paid social media strategies in support of releases.
• Seek, evaluate and socialize new social media platforms including new technology opportunities.
• Oversee the development of multiple forms of media to engage audiences that entice them to discover, consume and share with their individual networks.
• Establish ongoing audit and optimization efforts to ensure the integrity and efficacy of our social media plans.
• Develop test and learn scenarios to continue to innovate and expand opportunities.
• Interface with ancillary Amazon or IMDb social media teams to evaluate incremental or cooperative opportunities.
• Monitor, analyze and report competitive marketing campaigns.
• 3 years of marketing experience
• Relevant professional experience in film marketing or entertainment with an online/digital and social media background.
• Understanding of entertainment marketing, social media planning, social media principles, amplification and creative/production functions.
• Entertainment industry knowledge.
• Knowledge of social media platforms, performance metrics and reporting processes, techniques and technologies.
• Experience using data and metrics to measure impact and determine improvements
• Experience using Microsoft Excel to manipulate and analyze data