Head Of Brand Social, Prime Video
AmazonSanta Monica, CA
Full Time Job
Prime Video is seeking an exceptional Head of Brand Social to lead and build innovative global social media campaigns, editorial strategies, and drive best-in-class customer experience and engagement for our Prime Video brand on social. The Head of Brand Social will be a thought leader in creating culture, brand building and building social fandoms, as well as priortizing editorial messages and priorities. They will need to develop editorial strategies from scratch, partnering with both internal and external stakeholders to ideate, create and publish fantastic social content. The Head of Brand Social will set day-to-day ''lead stories'' and messaging priorities across PV social properties, will drive large-scale campaigns, and will develop long-term strategy, content tenets and brand voice. This is a highly strategic, executive level role that will drive big ideas and set strategic direction for PV in social.
Success in this role requires excellent customer instincts - a person that is constantly consuming the news, stays up to date on pop culture trends, and has an ''ear to the ground'' on all things social. They will have a proven ability to define brand strategy in an ambiguous space and to translate it into actionable strategy (i.e. being able to both develop and operationalize strategies). They will have demonstrated experience driving editorial campaigns and generating earned media in creative ways. They will have a track record of influencing cross-functionally, and selling ambiguous ideas to senior executives. They will also have an in-depth knowledge of the social space, and a track record of delivering on growth and engagement goals for large social properties.
• Define and drive long-term social strategy and positioning for PV.
• Communicate regularly with senior executives to update on progress and goals, as well as align on high-level strategic priorities.
• Ideate and oversee development of innovative, best-in-class social content (including quick-turn and more highly produced content)
• Determine day-to-day priorities and ''lead stories'' for PV, and oversee ideation and development of day-to-day content and ideas.
• Work closely and collaboratively across brand, creative, paid social, PR and synergy teams to champion social-first ideas and execute global integrated activations, events and strategies.
• Foster global social conversation and leverage to build vibrant communities.
• Utilize social analytics to identify patterns, trends and actionable insights, and to monitor performance against team goals.
• Partner with paid social team to develop fully integrated social campaigns.
• Manage agencies and oversee campaign planning and management.
• Partner with social platforms to identify new opportunities and develop innovative activations.
• Develop and own goals and performance metrics for social handles; monitor regularly to understand effectiveness of strategy and creative, making recommendations for continuous improvement.
• Build relationships with talent and showrunners, including educating and engaging them to participate in social.
• Continuously ideate and innovate within the social space.
• 10 years of professional experience, with at least 4 years working on social marketing specifically, ideally at a major news or entertainment brand.
• Demonstrated ability to develop top-level brand strategy in the social space from scratch, but also to operationalize strategy and translate it into day-to-day tactics.
• Proven ability to influence and communicate effectively with senior executives.
• Track record of driving adoption of new ideas and concepts, and pioneering new approaches within your team or company.
• Advanced decision-making skills with proven ability to drive direction and alignment with large cross-functional teams.
• Must provide examples of developing and executing on social media strategies to grow audiences and deliver on engagement metrics.
• Ability to collaborate effectively with internal stakeholders and external agencies/partners/talent.
• Creative thinker with passion for developing and delivering big ideas for our customers.
• Thinks strategically, but stays on top of tactical execution.
• Extreme attention to detail with relentlessly high standards.
• Innate willingness to roll up your sleeves.
• Exceptional verbal and written skills.
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation.