Senior Workplace Strategist
AmazonSanta Monica, CA
Full Time Job
DESCRIPTION Amazon's Business Development org is looking for a full-time Sr. Workplace Strategist, PM. This position is intended to increase our emphasis on space planning efficiency and customer experience by identifying and planning for the business, individual teams and employee needs in advance of growth while streamlining efforts and tools to reduce overall cost. The candidate for this position must be an excellent communicator, with an ability to guide stakeholders in defining scope and effectively using resources. As a Senior Workplace Strategist you will work with experienced teams to carry out new processes following a systematic and repetitive methodology with strong attention to accuracy. You will also utilize analytical skills to determine the best outcome for Business teams with a big picture focus. You must be responsive, flexible and able to succeed with minimal supervision in an open and collaborative environment. This role requires complete confidentiality.
• Serve as the liaison between Biz Dev and Global Real Estate and Facilities (GREF) teams.
• Partner with the business to define business requirements and communicate key initiatives to GREF
• Coordinate with financial business partners to analyze headcount data to forecast demand
• Establish, track, and report on metrics where outcomes are achieved on time and within budget
• Negotiate best capacity stack plans for Biz/Dev, and their Finance and Human Resources partners by managing trade-offs between employee experience and cost effectiveness.
• Proactively work with Space Admins during building moves and org reconfigurations
• Create and maintain digital floor maps using design systems such as Bluebeam Revu.
• Proactively communicate changes in space and post updated changes appropriately
• Proactively monitor and update internal Trouble Tickets ensuring traction and completion
• Track all facilities related changes storage rooms, key assignments and team artwork.
• Create visibility around process gaps and communicate improvement recommendations
• Understand current Amazon internal systems capabilities and limitations, including Facilities Management (FM) Systems, HR Data Mart, inside.amazon.com, PeopleSoft and Trouble Ticketing.
• 5 years' experience working in program management, finance, real estate or design
• Intermediate or advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office suite; Outlook, Word, Power Point and Excel.
• Strong verbal and written communication skills with demonstrated experience engaging and influencing senior executives
• Superior planning skills and ability to assess and integrate new information and requirements into plans and schedules seamlessly
• Ability to thrive in an ambiguous environment by being highly hardworking, resourceful.
• Associates or Bachelor's degree in Design, Facilities or finance related Fields such as Interior Design, Architecture, Interior Architecture, Real Estate and Portfolio Analyst, or Commercial Office Management
• 5 years of experience in office development with a focus on occupancy planning
• Excellent analytical skills, comfortable working with data and metric reporting as requested
• Strong sense of accountability and sound personal judgment.
• High technical aptitude and understanding of computer systems
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation.