Senior UX Writer - Music
AmazonCulver City, CA
Full Time Job
Want to build the future of music and audio entertainment?
Imagine being a part of an agile team where your ideas have the potential to reach millions. Picture working on cutting-edge consumer-facing products, where every single team member is a critical voice in the decision-making process. Envision being able to leverage the resources of a Fortune-500 company within the atmosphere of a start-up. Welcome to Amazon Music, where ideas are born and come to life as Amazon Music Unlimited, Prime Music, and so much more.
Everyone on our team has a meaningful impact on product features, new directions in music streaming, and customer engagement. We are looking for new team members across a variety of job functions including software engineering/development, marketing, design, ops and more. Come join us as we make history by launching exciting new projects in the coming year.
We are looking for a talented Sr. UX Writer with a passion for words and ideas grounded in strategic thinking. In this role, you will work cross-functionally with a talented team of product and voice designers, marketing managers, engineers and product managers to help shape the overall customer experience through simple and customer-friendly solutions across numerous platforms and touch points. You will help us create systems and inspired frameworks that drive clarity for our customers and consistency in tone of voice, as well as allow us to scale and move quickly. You have rock solid presentation skills and an enthusiasm that sells ideas through the lens of strategy and creativity. You will use data and customer insights to drive the best results and continually improve the customer experience.
Come innovate with the Amazon Music team!
• Define, test and iterate UI copy across a variety of touch points and parts of the customer experience, including voice interactions
• Anticipate customer needs and write innovative and simplified solutions to customer issues
• Use best practices, branding guidelines, research and data to set a scalable copy standard, and drive adherence to UX writing best practices
• Lead and drive the adoption of UX writing tools and frameworks including content research and metrics
• Present and lead conversations about projects, issues, solutions, and product strategy to leadership and stakeholders.
• Contribute to the professional development of colleagues across the UX team, improving their UX writing skills, knowledge, and best practices
• 8 years of design experience
• An available online portfolio
• 6 years of experience as a UX Writer or similar role in an agency or in-house setting writing product copy for digital products spanning multiple platforms, use cases and geographies
• Must be proficient in English with exceptional US-based grammar and copywriting skills
• A web-based portfolio of relevant work samples with a UX focus; including problems you helped solve for, your contributions, and impact to the customer
• Experience creating copy systems, guides and frameworks