Senior UX Program Manager
AmazonCulver City, CA
Full Time Job
Senior UX Program Manager - Amazon Music
Want to build the future of music and audio entertainment?
Imagine being part of an agile team, where your ideas have the potential to reach millions. Envision working within a startup atmosphere, while being able to leverage the resources of a Fortune-500 company. Picture working on bleeding-edge consumer-facing products, where every team member is a critical voice in the decision-making process. Welcome to Amazon Music's New Projects team.
Our team builds new experiences for Amazon Music listeners. We help our customers discover up-and-coming creators, while also having access to their favorite music and podcasts. We build systems that are distributed around the world, spanning our music apps, web player, and voice-forward experiences on mobile and Amazon Echo devices, powered by Alexa. Amazon Music products support our mission of delivering audio entertainment in new and exciting ways that listeners love.
Amazon Music's New Projects team is looking for founding team members across a variety of functions, including software engineering/development, product, marketing, design, and more. Come make history, as we launch new projects for millions of listeners.
We are seeking a talented, passionate Senior Program Manager to own the UX Design and Research Program for Amazon Music's New Projects Product Design team. You will work with cross-functionally to manage timelines, deliverables and priorities for our Designers, and to help manage research timelines, priorities and deliverables for our Researchers. You have expertise in product, engineering, and design-focused project management. You delight in streamlining and optimizing communications, organization, and collaboration across teams. You are able to visualize all the puzzle pieces that fit together to create larger programs. You possess excellent communication, organization and collaboration skills, and have a persistent, confident, and positive attitude that encourages others to complete tasks, do their best, and work together well.
• Drive on-time, satisfactory delivery of design team work by tracking other teams' calendars, timelines, and team backlogs; removing obstacles to delivery; assisting with tactical issues and triaging bugs; scheduling reviews with stakeholders and leadership; and communicating product/team status.
• Manage research operations for the design team, tracking research status, triaging requests, managing budgets and/or vendor.
• An available online portfolio
• 6 years of design experience
• 6 years' experience in design program management, design operations
• Excellent project management, communication and organizational skills.
• Strong verbal and written communication skills
• Experience driving user-centered or design thinking design process.
• Passion for creating scalable design and research operations processes that increase the focus on customers