Senior Unscripted Creative Executive
AmazonCulver City, CA
Full Time Job
Senior Unscripted Creative Executive, International Formats
Amazon Studios is seeking a Senior Unscripted Creative Executive to join the Unscripted International (Local Originals) Formats team, based in Culver City, California. This role will be located in Culver City. This role reports into the Head of Unscripted Development - International Formats, and will be key in helping the team identify new projects and expand upon its earlier successes around the world, including LOL: Last One Laughing, Wild and Free in Florianopolis, and our All Or Nothing franchise.
This executive will help define the next generation of how and what Amazon customers are watching across local markets around the world, in their local languages, outside of the US. We are looking for a creative leader with a passion for Unscripted TV of all genres (Reality, Docu-series, Shiny-Floor stage shows, Dating, Competition, etc) who thrives in a highly collaborative environment, but is also comfortable taking ownership of local development slates in expansion territories and working autonomously.
The successful candidate will be able to effectively multi-task across multiple time zones, juggling localized development needs, project tracking, and acting as a key creative stakeholder across various Amazon cross-functional teams. This is not a 9-5 desk job, but one that will require extensive international travel in economy class, flexibility in managing your own time, and often joining early morning calls and evening video meetings. You will need to use communication and written skills to respond to situations and requests, building relationships with new production partners in each market.
We look forward to you using your creativity to solve complex problems that affect the teams and productions with which you will be working, and supervising projects from early paper development, into the field, through final delivery. To succeed in this role, you must have a curiosity in learning about new local cultures and understand the nuances in programming for local markets.
• Lead multiple projects in various stages of development, from first pitch to series order.
• Support the development team in preparing materials for greenlight, including decks, sizzles, presentations, etc.
• Extensive international travel in economy class, sometimes on a monthly basis
• Act as a key creative stakeholder with other departments including but not limited to: marketing, business affairs, legal, PR, creative, production, and post-production teams.
• Interface with all levels of Amazon Studios executives, as well assist in communication with external stakeholders and the creative community on a daily basis.
• Pro-actively source new pitches and evaluate incoming projects
• Develop new projects internally
• Support special projects as the business need arises.
• Track competitive development slates
• 7 years of experience as a creative executive
• Experience overseeing all creative aspects of development production and post production
• Experience working with other departments such as casting, production, research, PR, business and legal affairs
• Must have at least series level CO-EP experience/credits, producing in the field and finishing projects in post
• Must have 10 years experience in unscripted development and current programming in network/studio and production company roles
Amazon Studios launched in 2010 as a new way to develop feature films and episodic series-one that's open to great ideas from creators and audiences around the world. Amazon Studios' Original Content for Prime Video is available to global Prime members, bringing customers award-winning, popular series including Fleabag, All Or Nothing: Manchester City, El Corazon de Sergio Ramos, Jack Ryan, The Grand Tour, The Marvelous Mrs Maisel, and The Boys.