Senior Tpm, Prime Video, Playback Data Publishing
AmazonCulver City, CA
This was removed by the employer on 10/27/2021 11:34:00 AM PST
Not to worry we have many other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the IS/IT Category
Browse the Marketing/Publicity/PR Category
Search for Senior Tpm, Prime Video, Playback Data Publishing jobs in Culver City-CA
Search all Senior Tpm, Prime Video, Playback Data Publishing postings
Full Time Job
Would you like to shape the future of the video entertainment industry for movies, TV and live sports events? Does solving complex problems within large scale systems excite you? If you answered yes, we have an opportunity for you!
We are disrupting internet media with an ever-increasing selection of premium films, live sports, TV series, and award-winning original content. Prime Video runs on thousands of device types in over 250 territories worldwide.
We own the Playback Telemetry and Ad-Measurement platform which enables monetization, recommendations, search, playback optimization, business intelligence, royalty payments, etc.
Key job responsibilities
Prime Video is changing the way millions of customers interact with video content. Amazon believes so deeply in the mission of streaming Video that we've launched our own studio to create original and exclusive content and engaged with the top professional sports leagues around the world like the NFL and the Premier League to deliver compelling live content to Prime members. The Prime Video team is seeking a Technical Program Manager to own and drive delivery for high-impact programs in the core technology team to help users worldwide to enjoy live events, movies and TV shows on mobile devices, living room devices, and the web. As part of this role, you'll have the opportunity to work across many groups within and outside Prime Video while getting deep insights into our entire business.
The Senior TPM role requires excellent leadership skills, strategic thinking, strong technical expertise, the ability to partner effectively across teams within and outside of Amazon, and the ability to manage high-impact projects. As a member of the team, you'll need to have the ability to understand the fundamentals of the latest video technology and what it takes to launch large scale video services and features that involve multiple teams within and outside of Prime Video. You will drive future technical solutions that will impact how we run Prime Video worldwide. In addition to this, you'll need to be able to influence and deliver new features and exceptional user experiences across multiple platforms including mobile, living room devices, Fire TV, Alexa, and the web. You will also need to frequently engage business, product and technology leaders and be a strong advocate for our customers. We're a high energy, fast growth business excited to have the opportunity to shape how video is consumed for years to come.
If you are interested in leading key strategic programs for Prime Video that have a worldwide impact, enjoy leading and launching products and services that will enable new business opportunities for Prime Video, and delivering innovative and industry leading features to our customers, we'd love to talk with you!
A day in the life
• Strategic thinking to come-up with roadmap (OP1) which focuses on maximizing value generation and solving customer painpoints.
• Strong technical expertise to come -up with high-level design documents.
• Working with internal stakeholders like platform tenants (eg IMDbTV) and downstream team who consume datasets to manage expectation, consensus building, driving initiatives, user communication, etc.
• Work with external stakeholders in Ad partners and measurement companies for integration projects like DTVR/DCR.
• Communicating status to leadership, parners and customers.
• Working with internal partner teams and dependencies (eg Player teams) to drive programs i.e. managing risks and dependencies to deliver results.
About the team
PV Playback Data Publishing team owns publishing of streaming activity and ad-measurement data to external customers i.e. users outside Playback org.
We own the Prime Video Ad and Audience Measurement systems i.e. TEVS and TERS - these services are low latency services on the ''live'' and ''vod'' call path for pulling 3P Ad tracking URLs, proxying, enriching and firing events back to 3P Ad Partners. Outside of ad and audience measurement, we leverage Amazon-wide data sharing platforms such as Andes, EDX, PPDS, Nexus, Sushi, etc. to empower thousands of downstream users that depend on us for streaming activity data. When no platform or a mechanism exists for data sharing, we develop new solutions eg Nielsen DTVR and DCR, PV Rental Refund Service.
We are responsible for data quality, data timeliness, legal-compliance and efficient data delivery for our published data.
• 5 years of technical program management experience working directly with software engineering teams
• Experience managing cross-functional programs and release schedules
• Experience building and evaluating system-level technical design
• Experience developing and executing/delivering product and technical roadmaps
• Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Computer Science or related technical field.
• 10 years of relevant engineering experience.
• 7 years of technical program management experience in a related industry, including hands-on management of large, cross-functional software efforts.
• Experience managing projects across cross functional teams, building sustainable processes and coordinating release schedules.
• Experience conceptualizing complex interrelated applications and system platforms, as well as the ability to communicate those systems to non-technical team members and business partners.