Senior Technical Program Manager
AmazonSanta Monica, CA
Full Time Job
Amazon Video would like to offer every movie to everyone to watch instantly anywhere. Amazon Video delivers movies and TV shows instantly to PCs, portable devices, consoles, and TVs worldwide. You will be encouraged to see the big picture, be creative, and positively impact millions of customers. This is a young and evolving business where creativity and drive can have a lasting impact on the way video is enjoyed worldwide. Would you like to join us to help shape the future of Video?
The Video Catalog team builds platform and services that distribute Amazon Video Catalog globally across different content types and devices. This team is responsible for building services that not only scale to high levels of runtime requests but also services that scale to distributing large volumes of updates and distribute the catalog through various mediums: Tier-1 services, XML feeds etc. As Senior TPM, this role is inherently cross-functional where you will work closely with engineering, project management, design, operations, business development, content acquisition, operations, and executive teams to help bringing products to market and enhance our customer experience. You will interact with almost all Amazon Video teams on how to best interface with the catalog and launch new customer experiences and offerings.
A successful candidate will be highly analytical, resourceful, customer focused, team oriented, and will have an ability to work independently under time constraints to meet deadlines. He or she will have a proven track record in taking on end-to-end ownership and successfully delivering results in a fast-paced and dynamic business environment.
• Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Computer Science or related technical field.
• 5 years of relevant engineering experience.
• 5 years of technical program management experience in a related industry, including hands-on management of large, cross-functional software efforts.
• Experience managing projects across cross functional teams, building sustainable processes and coordinating release schedules.
• Experience conceptualizing complex interrelated applications and system platforms, as well as the ability to communicate those systems to non-technical team members and business partners.