Senior Strategy Manager IMDB TV
AmazonCulver City, CA
Full Time Job
The IMDb TV Content and Programming team is seeking a Senior Strategy Manager to join our Los Angeles-based Amazon Studios group. The Strategy group is responsible for guiding IMDb TV's content selection plans, including management of the greenlight process. The IMDb TV Strategy group works closely with senior leaders across Amazon Studios, including Creative Development, Content Acquisition, Finance, Business Affairs, Marketing and Production, and has a high degree of visibility within the organization.
We are looking for a strategic, creative, and analytical candidate who can drive content strategy for IMDb TV in order to increase customer engagement for Amazon's newest video business. This individual will work in a highly collaborative, fast-paced environment and be responsible for key aspects of the business. In addition to strong experience with content strategy and valuations, the ideal candidate is a data-driven critical thinker who has an attention to detail, an ability to juggle multiple priorities, is cool under pressure, and isn't afraid to roll sleeves up as needed. This individual must have experience driving/developing complex projects and delivering results under dynamic circumstances. This individual must have the ability to clearly and concisely communicate thoughts and ideas, both written and verbally, and think outside of one's direct sphere of responsibility.
• Formulate series greenlight and renewal assessments, including content valuation and portfolio analysis
• Identify deep, actionable insights into the content preferences, behavior and needs of our customers, globally
• Perform extensive competitive analysis and benchmarking, and identify and report on market trends
• Forecast and monitor content performance, track progress, and understand sources of variance
• Author business-driving documents that surface key learnings and provide recommendations for our go-forward content offering
• 5 years of series development experience
• Bachelor's Degree
• 5 years of experience in investment banking, management consulting, or strategy/business development at a major media or technology company
• Experience using complex modeling and analysis to inform key business decisions.
• Experience with end-to-end ownership of major project deliverables
Amazon Studios' Content and Programming team for IMDb TV is shaping the future of digital video entertainment. Our mission is to build earth's most customer-centric premium ad-supported video service, free and convenient for hundreds of millions of customers to enjoy. Amazon Studios is looking for a candidate who can build on our early success and help define our future.