Senior Software Development Engineer
AmazonSanta Monica, CA
This was removed by the employer on 8/10/2020 6:33:00 PM PST
Not to worry we have a lot of other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the IS/IT Category
Search for Senior Software Development Engineer jobs in Santa Monica-CA
Search all Senior Software Development Engineer postings
Are you an employer?
How do I hire a Senior Software Development Engineer? You will be given an opportunity to own and drive initiatives through the entire software stack -- from customer facing features and data innovations to cross-channel (Email, Mobile, In-App) customer engagement services. You will be a senior lead in the development of features that drive engagement & revenue to one of the top global music listening services. You love challenging problems, collaborating with stakeholder teams, defining roadmaps, design creative technical solutions, and mentoring more junior engineers.
We own enabling our customer relationship and lifecycle marketing via the development of the tools, infrastructure, and data integrations required to manage high-scale, personalized customer interactions. We support a culture of innovation through experimentation and directly partner with Product and Marketing to build successful solutions for our business that our customers love. We have high technical standards and support you to lead the team to reach for new engineering excellence. You will set the standard for engineering, testing, and operational excellence, drive best practices across organization.
What is in it for you?
• Team culture: You'll be joining a fun team that prides itself on a great work environment with an inclusive group of people that loves working together towards a common goal.
• Impact: Work on a service that will be used, directly and indirectly, by millions of customers and has a meaningful impact to their interactions with Amazon Music
• Gratification: You will know you are directly responsible for driving business impact and delighting customer experiences.
• Critical and Fast: This is a strategic new team for Amazon Music, and we are growing & moving fast, really fast.
• Ownership: You will quickly become responsible for key components of the service, and drive what and how to build them.
• Learn & Grow: If want to learn and grow with challenges of a designing and building a large-scale system integrating across a variety of services, this is for you.
• Innovate: We learn from our customers and invent every day on their behalf.
• Make history: Amazon Music is reinventing the way we listen to music and engage with customers across the devices they use every day. Your passion for music and technology will help shape that future.
• Have fun: Surround yourself with a highly talented pool of engineers that like to solve complex problems, but also work in a fun and autonomous environment.
• 4 years of professional software development experience
• 3 years of programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C , or C# including object-oriented design
• 2 years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or equivalent
• 5 years industry experience as a Software Engineer or a Software developer with experience as a Senior Engineer leading teams in an agile environment.
• Solid coding practices including peer code reviews, unit testing, and a preference for agile development.
• Ability to collaborate with multiple external dependent teams to design complex solutions This job is no longer available. Click here to view current job listings.