Senior Research Manager, Consumer Insights
AmazonCulver City, CA
Full Time Job
Senior Research Manager, Consumer Insights IMDB TV
The IMDb TV Content and Programming team is looking for a highly motivated Research Manager to lead customer and content focused research projects and analyses to inform IMDb TV's content strategy. This role will be based in Los Angeles. The successful candidate will have proven proficiency in analyzing and presenting large amounts of performance and customer data, market research principles, direct project management experience and a background in assessing and evaluating the value of content. They will have strong analytical abilities as well as written and verbal communication skills. They will be a self-starter, comfortable with ambiguity, able to think big (while paying careful attention to detail), and will enjoy working in a fast-paced, dynamic environment. They will work closely with Data Science, Consumer Insights, Content Development, Content Acquisition, Marketing and Finance teams, always making sure to represent the voice of our customers.
• Develop research objectives, write surveys, create sound sampling and weighting schemes, and analyze results.
• Identify appropriate methodologies based on business and research objectives.
• Work closely with vendors to insure successful execution of research projects (domestic and global).
• Lead strategic research using primary, secondary and syndicated data sources.
• Translate complex data sets into clear and compelling written narrative.
• Accurately represent, and advocate for, the IMDb TV customer in all analysis and meetings.
• Ownership of research studies end to end.
• Analyze OTT and Linear TV content market segment conditions, challenges and opportunities.
• Build insights that demonstrate the value of digital content.
• Create reporting on the performance of content on the service by differing value metrics and customer segments.
• Map data from multiple internal and externals sources to present customer insights and overall value of a piece of content.
• Analyze customer and content results to drive improvements in content strategy.
• Bachelor's Degree
• 5 years relevant experience in financial/business analysis
• Experience defining requirements and using data and metrics to draw business insights
• Experience making business recommendations and influencing stakeholders
• Experience in SQL
• Understanding of viewing behavior and content trends across the US (both on linear TV and digital)
• Have experience setting research objectives, writing surveys, creating sound sampling and weighting schemes, and analyzing results.
• Experience across all of the core phases of the market research cycle: awareness, targeting, acquisition and retention.
Amazon Studios' Content and Programming team for IMDb TV is shaping the future of digital video entertainment. Our mission is to build earth's most customer-centric premium ad-supported video service, free and convenient for hundreds of millions of customers to enjoy. Amazon Studios is looking for a candidate who can build on our early success and help define our future. We hire the world's brightest minds, offering them an environment in which they can relentlessly innovate, experiment and drive solutions that will improve the customer experience. Amazon Studios has a culture of data-driven decision-making and demands insights and recommendations that are timely, accurate, and actionable.