Senior Product Manager
AmazonCulver City, CA
Full Time Job
Senior Product Manager Creative Engineering
The Studio Technology Creative Engineering group is charged with developing technology for the digital supply chain, shepherding assets from post-production through localization, marketing, and delivery to Prime Video. We want to revolutionize the creative supply chain, utilizing never-before-seen, streamlined, cutting-edge technologies. We believe that investing in cloud infrastructure, tools and applications to manage our media assets and workflows enables Amazon Studios to scale its operations and become nimbler in management decisions.
We are looking for a Sr. Product Manager – Tech who embodies this passion for change with a peculiar take on what technology can do for the digital supply chain, now and in the future. You will be responsible for managing product lifecycle, roadmap and feature priorities, as well as contributing to operational planning narratives and engineering roadmaps. The ability to distill clear requirements from large and diverse sets of customers, partners, vendors, engineering teams, and other Amazon business units is crucial.
Candidate must have an experienced background in the asset management and media delivery environment combined with a passion for excellence and change management experience. Post-production technology cover a wide array of trade skills. This position will specifically focus on studio and production-level workflows involving asset management, content collaboration, security, and cloud-based integrations between internal and external stakeholders.
• Be the internal subject matter expert on media workflows and the use of technology to automate manual processes.
• Collaborate across internal and external teams to generate consensus and deliver results.
• Work closely with business stakeholders and engineering teams to turn great ideas into great products.
• Collect and synthesize feedback from multiple customer groups to inform strategy and roadmap.
• Understand the needs of our stakeholders to deliver products that delight customers while achieving business results.
• Own the development of detailed product requirements documents.
• Work cross-functionally with engineering, design, and operations teams to deliver on the product roadmap.
• Drive projects, products, and feature launches with teams both inside and outside of the Amazon Studios including: creative, operations, localization, business development, content acquisition, legal, marketing, awards, PR, and downstream Prime Video teams.
• Drive projects, products, and feature launches with external partners that often work on behalf of the above Amazon teams.
• 2 years of experience with end to end product delivery
• 5 years of technical product management, program management or engineering experience
• Bachelor's Degree
• Experience contributing to engineering discussions around technology decisions and strategy related to a product
• Experience owning roadmap strategy and definition
• Experience owning feature delivery and tradeoffs of a product
Amazon Studios is the entertainment development and production arm of Amazon. We create and deliver Amazon Originals content for Prime Video customers. Over the past 10 years, we have debuted award-winning and ground-breaking programming like The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel, Jack Ryan, Carnival Row, Homecoming, The Man in the High Castle, and Manchester by the Sea. Challenges in digital asset management and the introduction of new, paradigm shifting technologies make the world of content creation an extraordinary space to be in. The industry is about to undergo a technology-driven revolution and Amazon Studios is at the forefront of that revolution.