Senior Product Manager, Technical
AmazonSanta Monica, CA
Full Time Job
Senior Product Manager, Technical - Prime Video
As a Senior Product Manager, Technical for the Prime Video Selection Management team, you will develop the strategy and vision for scaling our Content Rights, Contracts, and Policy management tools for Studio Partners and internal teams. You will be responsible for rethinking the assumptions about how traditional studios and distributors manage contractual obligations at scale.
You will think big about how infrastructure and services are built and maintained in order to create the agility necessary to develop and incubate new solutions to challenging business problems. You will draw from a deep and broad technical expertise to own large and complex multi-business deliverables.
A successful candidate will bring deep technical and expertise, and strong business judgment, to help us execute effectively on the complex roadmaps. In this role, you will need to manage cross-functional communication, identify & mitigate risks to efficient delivery, decompose ambiguous problems into workable plans, and to lead execution across multiple teams.
• 2 years of experience with end to end product delivery
• 5 years of technical product management, program management or engineering experience
• Bachelor's Degree
• Experience contributing to engineering discussions around technology decisions and strategy related to a product
• Experience owning roadmap strategy and definition
• Experience owning feature delivery and tradeoffs of a product
• Drive projects that span internal development and marketing teams as well as external partners
• Collaborate with senior engineering managers and engineers to architect and develop the best technical and operational design and approach, delivering value quickly to customers
• Design and refine operational processes
• Own and communicate platform and project planning and delivery
• Ensure smooth cooperation amongst internal teams and stakeholders
• Be a guardian of top notch customer experience, engage with other teams in the company, evangelizing the team and your project, building relationships and helping identify existing components and technologies that can be leveraged to deliver on our goals
• Position may require travel, both domestic and international.
Prime Video is changing the traditional television and movie industry with a massive library of high-quality media and reliable digital delivery. Our services are engineered for high availability, maximum reach, and cost savings that we can pass on to customers. We enable the world to watch video instantly, from any device, whether on the road or from the comfort of a living room sofa. Today, we deliver Movies, TV shows and Live Sports to Windows and Mac PCs, portable devices, gaming consoles, smart phones, and smart TVs. We operate in over 250 countries and territories and we aspire to grow -- a lot.