Senior Global Communications Planner
AmazonCulver City, CA
Full Time Job
The Amazon Prime Video team is shaping the future of digital video entertainment. Our mission is to build the most loved and talked about premium entertainment video service in the world. To help us fulfill this mission, we are looking for a Senior Communications Planner to develop and manage a holistic Prime Video communications plan to ensure we have meaningful ongoing communication to various audiences, and identify and fill any potential gaps that may arise.
This person will report into the Director of Global Audience Insights, within the Prime Video Marketing organization, and will provide strategic direction to senior leadership on how to best balance and flight our overall marketing efforts. You will be responsible for recommending and mapping out how our Amazon Originals, 3P content, and Brand messaging activities should co-exist and work symbiotically in order to motivate and connect with the key target audiences over the course of the year. This role will be responsible for understanding marketing and content preferences of these key audience cohorts and diving deep into which communications will resonate with them. This role will then translate the strategic intent from the communications plan to campaigns via the development of marketing briefs of key initiatives. This role will work cross functionally with Global Planning & Strategy, Global Brand Marketing, Studios Programming, International Marketing, Social, Events, and PR by sharing audience insights and message management perspectives to lead to larger business impact.
The ideal candidate has a combination of strategic, intuitive, and quantitative skills and yet has high levels of empathy and EQ. You are a puzzle solver, who is part psychologist (being able to get into the heads of the audiences we are targeting is key), part translator (turning data into insights), part channel planner (living and breathing the consumer journey and understanding how customer actions are impacted by channels and messaging), part strategic planner (Identify the key message we need to convey and how best to do that).
• Identify what are the key marketing messages we need to convey to each key customer group to drive acquisition, retention and advocacy.
• Develop, own and socialize a US and global communications plan so that all marketing stakeholders understand how their campaigns and messaging connects to the larger macro marketing priorities and messaging calendar
• Determine the flighting and frequency requirements of messaging to ensure we have the right volume of meaningful ongoing communication to key audiences throughout the year
• Identify gaps in the content calendar which may need to be filled by a) additional Amazon Original content b) elevating 3P content, c) multi-title messaging, or d) brand led campaigns
• Develop marketing briefs which translate the strategic intent from the communications plan into actual campaigns to be developed
• Help evaluate the role of each show and film's place in the Prime Video portfolio to ensure we're engaging critical present and future consumer segments.
• Learn how each customer group influences other customers so we can better optimize our communications plan and efforts to leverage one audiences group impact on another
• 6 years of professional non-internship marketing experience
• Experience building, executing and scaling cross-functional marketing programs
• Experience using data and metrics to measure impact and determine improvements
• Experience using Microsoft Excel to manipulate and analyze data
• Experience presenting metrics and progress to goal to senior leadership
• Bachelor's Degree
• 5 years of relevant experience
• Experience making business recommendations and influencing stakeholders
• Experience in consulting and collaborating with business leaders, providing strategic recommendations regarding audience, message, and channel management and prioritization
• Experience in owning, developing and managing communications plans which have connected multiple different teams or marketing disciplines together
• Experience in translating consumer journeys to tangible marketing recommendations
• Experience in writing marketing, brand or creative briefs
• Experience building successful relationships with cross-functional internal teams, external agency partners and third parties
• Experience using a myriad of third-party tools to help provide texture insight on key audiences to make messaging recommendations; Syndicated Research (e.g. comScore, MRI, Simmons, YouGov); Social behaviors or preferences (e.g Affinio, Helixa); Global demand (e.g Parrot Analytics or YouGov Signal); and Familiarity with Tableau or similar reporting tools