Head Of Field Operations and Technology, Live Sports Production
AmazonCulver City, CA
Full Time Job
Prime Video is seeking a Senior Field Operations Manager, Live Sports to lead and manage the production operations of assigned sports properties, including Prime Video's launch of Thursday Night Football in 2022. The Operations team within Prime Video Live Production is responsible for event production on all global Live Sports.
You will use your production, operations, and technical expertise to plan and execute large scale and high profile event production and ensure technical timelines and financial planning are met. You will be responsible for overseeing and driving the day-to-day operations for our NFL event programming, and other properties as assigned.
• Using expertise in the field, the person in this role will lead and direct end-to-end operational planning for our 2022 launch of Thursday Night Football, as well as other event productions.
• Work closely with the technical operations team on design and implementation of technical workflows.
• Run point and administer RFP launches, assisting with vendor negotiations and selection for OB facilities, and signal connectivity providers.
• Own managing and scaling operations and assessing cost standards that may impact the budget or production roadmap.
• Evaluate current workflows and operational impact on events and develop mechanisms to improve execution on existing productions.
• Identify and manage issues and troubleshoot complex tasks that have material influence or risk impact.
• Work with the technical operations and the technical innovation team and to enable deployment of new technology.
• Maintain communication with external stakeholders, internal cross-functional teams, and provide updates to senior leadership on all aspects of the sports property.
• Work with product and technical teams located around the globe, anticipate bottlenecks, provide escalation management, anticipate and make trade-offs, and balance business needs versus constraints.
• Work closely with outside vendors and rights partners.
• Be a strategic leader who will create roadmaps for continuous improvements and advocate for great customer experiences.
• Roll up your sleeves, dive deep, and get the job done.
• 10 years experience as a producer/production manager or line producer
• 10 years experience with budgeting, scheduling and cost reports
• In-depth experience and knowledge in technology and broadcast productions.
• Critical thinker who has awareness on development of new innovative technology, trends and advanced workflow implementation.
• Strong communicator (both written and verbally) who can simplify complex subjects and deliver important messages internally and externally.
• Comfortable with contracts; extensive experience working with legal and business operations teams to ensure that production requirements and commercial terms are captured in agreements and statements of work.