Senior Development Executive, Primetime Animation
Amazon StudiosCulver City, CA
Full Time Job
Are you interested in shaping the future of movies and television? Do you want to define the next generation of how and what Amazon customers are watching? Prime Video is one of the leading digital video services on the Internet today, and we're just getting started changing the way millions of people enjoy content. Now available in more than 240 countries and territories, Prime Video offers customers the broadest selection of any on-demand video service, including our critically-acclaimed Amazon Originals such as the Emmy Award-winning comedies Fleabag and The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel, Tom Clancy's Jack Ryan, The Boys, Mindy Kaling's Late Night, Donald Glover's Guava Island, the Academy Award-winning Manchester by the Sea, Academy Award-nominated The Big Sick, exclusives, and live concerts and sports.
Amazon Studios is the movies and television development and production arm of Amazon. It is our role to produce original content and license studio programs worldwide in exclusive service of Amazon's Prime Video customers. We need your passion, innovative ideas, and creativity to help take us to new heights.
Amazon Studios is seeking an experienced executive to develop and oversee development and production of a growing slate of primetime animated series. The ideal candidate has extensive experience in identifying source material/talent for the adult animation audience, giving creative guidance and feedback to top level show runners on outlines, scripts, animatics, character designs, casting, and cuts, as well as in depth knowledge of animation production pipelines and studios. Candidate must be fully versed in top writers and artists working in the premium television space, and experience overseeing animated productions and launching series. We're looking for someone self-motivated, passionate and able to work well in a team as well as independently. Candidates must have strong interpersonal skills and strong industry relationships. Candidates must have excellent creative instincts on material, and a passion for animation.
• Seek out and assess pilot proposals, scripts, and pitches.
• Identify books and relevant source material.
• Identify emerging new talent (artists and writers).
• Attend pitches and general meetings.
• Attend animation festivals and conferences
• Work with writers and artists to develop scripts, boards, designs, and other relevant development materials.
• Oversee all creative aspects of development, production and post-production.
• Maintain relationships with agents, managers, producers and network partners.
• Liaise with other departments including Casting, Production, Marketing, PR, Research, Business and Legal Affairs.
• 5 years of series development experience
• Bachelor's Degree
• Bachelor's degree
• 7-10 years of executive level experience in development at a studio, network or production company.