Senior Content Acquisition Manager
AmazonSanta Monica, CA
Full Time Job
Senior Content Acquisition Manager Major Studio and Global Partners Licensing
Help create the future of digital entertainment with Amazon. Amazon.com is seeking an experienced digital content insight analyst within the Amazon Prime Video team with responsibility for helping to expand our content provider network internationally.
Prime Video is seeking a creative, savvy and analytically-minded digital content executive to join the content acquisition team. This leader will be responsible for helping to define and execute a global content acquisition strategies with major studios, TV network groups and global content partners on behalf of Prime Video and/or Prime Video Direct. The ideal candidate will be a critical thinker who has an attention to detail, an ability to juggle multiple priorities, is cool under pressure and isn't afraid to roll his/her sleeves up as needed. S/he must have the ability to clearly and concisely communicate thoughts and ideas, both written and verbally, operate in a fast-paced environment and think outside of his/her direct sphere of responsibility.
• Execute US domestic and/or international SVOD content licensing agreements on behalf of Prime Video with major studios, TV network groups and global partners
• Develop content acquisition plans, financial metrics, and goals for senior management
• Drive continuous improvement in all operational aspects of Amazon's relationship with its digital content suppliers
• Establish and manage strong relationships with content providers at a senior level
• Lead all aspects of content licensing negotiations, including content selection, financial analysis, forecasting, and technical requirements
• Use data on customer behavior, usage and consumption to inform decision-making
• Collaborate with internal teams across all functional areas within Prime Video to define content strategies and to execute content licensing agreements (e.g., legal, finance, marketing, etc.)
• Work closely with Prime Video leaders to develop new services and product offerings
• Maintain a can-do attitude and willingness and flexibility to solve problems at short notice, using any tools necessary
This position will be located in Santa Monica, CA.
• Bachelor's Degree
• 5 years of experience in media content deals and/or business development
• Negotiation experience
• Proven ability to negotiate complex license and/or business development agreements
• Knowledge of digital video landscape, including solid understanding of digital video distribution technologies
• Proven track record demonstrating the ability to negotiate complex license and/or business development agreements
• Experienced with end-to-end ownership of major project deliverables
• Content licensing and/or business development experience, internationally
• Excellent business judgment and demonstrated ability to think and act both strategically and tactically
• Excellent verbal and written communications skills, as well as the ability to work effectively across internal and external organizations
• Experienced analytical and quantitative skills, as well as the ability to use hard data and metrics to back up assumptions
• Ability to understand product and technical requirements and interface with Product/Technology teams.
• Ability to work well in a fast paced and highly changing environment with little guidance
• End to end ownership of major project deliverables
• Self-starter who is customer obsessed, detail-oriented, and an enthusiastic team player
• Meets/exceeds Amazon's leadership principles requirements for this role
• Meets/exceeds Amazon's functional/technical depth and complexity for this role
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation / Age.
Pursuant to the Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.