Senior Content Acquisition Manager, Canada / Australia
AmazonCulver City, CA
Full Time Job
Amazon is one of the major global players in digital entertainment. We are changing the way millions of customers enjoy movies and TV shows through Prime Video, new releases for rent or purchase, and subscriptions through Prime Channels.
Amazon is seeking a savvy and analytical digital content licensing executive to join our Prime Video Content Acquisition Team. This individual will be responsible for helping to define and, in turn, to execute the content strategy for TV and movie content on our Prime Video service, with a focus on Canada and Australia.
In addition to strong negotiation skills, the ideal candidate will be a critical thinker who has an attention to detail, an ability to juggle multiple priorities, is cool under pressure, and isn't afraid to role his/her sleeves up as needed. S/he must have the ability to clearly and concisely communicate thoughts and ideas, both written and verbally, and think outside of his/her direct sphere of responsibility.
• Help define and execute the content acquisition strategy for TV and Movie content on Amazon's Prime Video service in Canada and Australia
• Develop and document acquisition plans, financial metrics and goals for Senior Management
• Lead all aspects of content licensing negotiations, including content selection, financial analysis, forecasting, and technical requirements
• Manage relationships with key content providers
• Collaborate with internal teams (e.g., Marketing, Public Relations, Finance, Operations, etc.)
• Use behavior, usage and consumption data to inform decision-making
• Work closely with Amazon Video leaders to develop new services and product offerings
• Maintain a can-do attitude and a willingness and flexibility to solve problems at short notice, using any tools necessary
• Bachelor's degree
• 5 years' experience in a high volume account management, content licensing or finance role.
• 5 years' experience with quantitative analytics (e.g. ability to use and modify data sets in Excel)
• 5 years' experience negotiating complex license or business development agreements