Senior Business Intelligence Engineer
AmazonSanta Monica, CA
This was removed by the employer on 1/14/2021 5:33:00 AM PST
Not to worry we have a lot of other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the IS/IT Category
Browse the Studio Category
Search for Senior Business Intelligence Engineer jobs in Santa Monica-CA
Search all Senior Business Intelligence Engineer postings
Are you an employer?
How do I hire a Senior Business Intelligence Engineer? Amazon is looking for a Senior Business Intelligence Engineer (Sr. BIE) to join Prime Video Channels. As a Senior Business Intelligence Engineer, you will help us drive data-driven decision-making across the Prime Video Channels. You will work across the team, establishing new business metrics, and owning the self-service reporting program. You will develop solutions to complex and unsolved business problems characterized by imperfect data. You will guide tech and product feature development teams to build analytical reporting pipelines to inform our Studio partners. Finally, you will help build a team of BIEs to scale the analytics we are offering our external and internal stakeholders.
Core responsibilities include:
• Own the design, development, and maintenance of scalable solutions for ongoing metrics, reports, analyses, dashboards, etc. to support analytical and business needs
• Manage and deliver multiple complex business requests simultaneously
• Translate basic business problem statements into analysis requirements. Work with internal customers to define best output based on expressed stakeholder needs
• Build scalable statistical models to identify business opportunities, and patterns
• Design and drive experiments, A/B testing, outlier deep dives and form actionable recommendations. Manage the implementation of those recommendations
• Build and deliver high quality data architecture and pipelines to support external reporting needs
• Contribute to the hiring process to build a highly functioning data and analytics team.
• The position will be based in Los Angeles but you will work with a Global team spanning the US, Europe, India, and Japan. You will also get to partner closely with other analytics teams in Seattle
• Bachelor's degree in Analytics, Statistics, Applied Mathematics, Econometrics, Computer Science, Business, or a related field or equivalent experience
• 5 years of relevant work experience in Analytics, Business Intelligence, Data Science, Technical Operations
• Experience working with SQL, ETL, Excel, Tableau, R, Python, or Statistical Packages
• Experience with data visualization using Tableau, Quicksight, or similar tools
• Track record of utilizing statistical analysis to build descriptive, and predictive models on large datasets
• Track record of using SQL to derive insights from multiple and large (billions of rows) data sources This job is no longer available. Click here to view current job listings.