Senior Awards Manager
AmazonCulver City, CA
Full Time Job
Amazon Studios is looking for a Senior Manager (title TBD) of Awards to support campaigns for our Amazon Original Series and Movies and the overall Prime Video service as we aim to build recognition of our original content and Prime Video throughout the entertainment industry and with our customers on a global scale. The goal of this role is to amplify our awards campaigns and implement our strategies on a global scale with a focus on diversity, equity and inclusivity.
As the Senior Awards Manager, you will be responsible for developing and executing our awards strategies with all of our internal and external partners, working directly with voting bodies, awards groups, and other key industry influencers. We need an innovative thinker who can shape groundbreaking strategies to identify and campaign for key awards on a local, national and international level. We are looking for someone who has at least 10 years of experience in the awards space and strong relationships within the entertainment industry in order to be able to successfully execute our awards campaign strategies.
Duties and responsibilities will include:
• Shape strategies for our top series and film contenders, with a focus on diversity, equity and inclusivity
• Serve as an external-facing representative for Amazon Studios, representing our content and our vision at events, festivals, etc., with an emphasis on developing and promoting AS in the D&I space.
• Identify additional awards opportunities to earn recognition for our creators and talent
• Work with internal leaders to support and augment diversity, equity and inclusion in awards strategy, as well as PR and marketing
• Implement partnerships, practices and processes to build relationships with diverse talent and organizations that support talent in front of and behind the camera
• Amplify our global content and talent by creating campaigns to earn recognition for their work. Serve as a liaison for our international partners, working directly with the heads of our local originals PR and creative teams to craft strategies for any and all awards opportunities
• Manage relationships with key external partners and stakeholders including AMPAS, the TV Academy, HFPA, trade/craft guilds and other relevant associations.
• Bring big ideas to the table, obtain buy-in, and see the ideas through to successful execution
• Work effectively with creative talent (producers, actors, crew) and their representatives (agents, managers, publicists)
• Bachelor's Degree
• 7 years of marketing experience
• Experience using data and metrics to measure impact and determine improvements
• Experience using Microsoft Excel to manipulate and analyze data
• Experience driving direction and alignment with large cross-functional teams
• Experience in awards, publicity, and talent relations
• Relevant industry experience with a film or television studio or agency.
• Detailed knowledge and familiarity with the rules for major awards competitions and film festivals