Senior Audience Insights Manager
AmazonCulver City, CA
Full Time Job
Senior Audience Insights Manager, Prime Video
The Amazon Prime Video team is shaping the future of digital video entertainment. Our mission is to build the widest selection of digital video content that consumers love, and make it ''Amazon easy'' for customers to enjoy the best entertainment content wherever and whenever they want. To help us fulfill this mission, we are looking for a Senior Audience Insights Manager to help put consumer and culture understanding at the center of everything Prime Video does. By staying on top of cultural trends, streaming trends, developing 1st party consumer research through quantitative and qualitative methodologies, or analyzing and interpreting syndicated research, our purpose is to build processes that lead to more meaningful consumer understanding that results in increasing engagement with each one of our shows.
This person will report into the Director of Global Audience Insights and provide strategic direction to senior leadership for Marketing, Creative, Media, and Social decisions. You will be responsible for surfacing tangible, inspiring and nuanced insights that guide the creation of audience first marketing strategies resulting in the improved effectiveness of our campaigns and the increased relevancy and love of the Prime Video brand. You will execute and contribute to the creation of repeatable quantitative and qualitative methods that provide insight into cultural, content, viewing and behavioral trends that are changing the way consumers choose and watch their favorite TV and movies in each country we operate in. You will work cross functionally across Studio research and programming teams, and International marketing teams sharing insight and best practices to help socialize and accelerate learnings that can lead to larger business impact.
The ideal candidate has a combination of strategic, intuitive, and quantitative skills and yet has empathy oozing from their pores. You are a puzzle solver, who is part psychologist (being able to get into the heads of the audiences we are researching is key), part cultural anthropologist (enjoy immersing yourself in studying the human race and their experience of culture), part translator (turning data into insights), and are a strong judge of effectiveness (you are able to gauge an idea's impact).
• Bring the voice of the consumer into the heart of Prime Video Originals marketing campaign decisions including audience identification, marketing positioning, creative and communication strategies, and media and social plan development.
• Work cross functionally with creative marketing managers, creatives, media and social managers to define and profile target audiences that generate a clear understanding of our Originals target audience viewing habits, our brands' perception and consumer behavior trend to help inform marketing campaigns.
• Surface action-based consumer insights that result in consumption growth and increased consumer acquisition. Continue to drive brand equity, big idea and superior product stories through deep understanding of consumer insights, trends and competitor intelligence.
• Help evaluate the role of each show and film's place in the Prime Video portfolio to ensure we're engaging critical present and future consumer segments.
• Collaborate with creative marketing teams to execute creative evaluation programs that both inspire and challenge idea development and lead to breakthrough and meaningful messaging.
• Develop and innovate consumer insights methodologies, including machine learning, AI, data mining, digital panels and advancing social listening, so that consumer & market understanding is happening in real time and becomes a competitive advantage for Prime Video.
• Manage multiple global consumer research systems, technology, processes, and practices simultaneously to provide analytics, reports, and insightful observations to business leaders that increase operational effectiveness.
• Design, coordinate and execute a variety of quantitative and qualitative consumer research and creative testing projects that drive insight into viewing habits and brand/show creative performance.
• Work closely with Global colleagues and Insight & Analytics leaders to share ideas and initiatives that deliver competitive advantages/step changes in creative portfolio performance.
• Establish KPIs and campaign tracking efforts for key consumer importance, A&U, brand attributes and advertising testing.
• Manage and interpret brand tracking efforts to assess brand strengths, weaknesses and opportunities.
• 6 years of professional non-internship marketing experience
• Experience building, executing and scaling cross-functional marketing programs
• Experience using data and metrics to measure impact and determine improvements
• Experience using Microsoft Excel to manipulate and analyze data
• Experience presenting metrics and progress to goal to senior leadership
• Bachelor's Degree
• 5 years of relevant experience
• Experience making business recommendations and influencing stakeholders
• Experience in questionnaire writing, analysis planning, report development, and clear read out presentations
• Experience in consulting and collaborating with business leaders to define research objectives and providing strategic recommendations regarding study design and methodology
• Experience building successful relationships with cross-functional internal teams, external agency partners and third parties
• Experience conceiving, designing, fielding, coordinating, analyzing and disseminating qualitative and quantitative research projects
• Experience using a myriad of third-party tools to help provide texture on competitive advertising spending, category and consumer usage data via syndicated research sources (e.g. comScore, MRI, Simmons, YouGov); Social behaviors or preferences (e.g Affinio, Helixa); Global demand (e.g Parrot Analytics or YouGov Signal); and Familiarity with Tableau or similar reporting tool