Production Finance Executive
AmazonSanta Monica, CA
Full Time Job
Production Finance Executive, Original Movies
Amazon Studios which is the original film, television, development and production arm of Amazon.com and is seeking a Production Finance Executive to join the Finance Team for the Original Movies division. Our movies include THE AERONAUTS, THE BIG SICK, and SUBSEQUENT BORAT SUBSEQUENT MOVIEFILM. This position will support the production finance and the other studios operation teams of our fast growing studios production business. This is an exciting opportunity to join the team at an early, high growth stage and have ownership of the production accounting and production finance functions for our Original Movies.
The successful candidate will help to manage the production finance functions for the life cycle of production. This position will own the ownership of managing the Production Accounting teams that work on our projects and oversee the month end financial reporting process.
The candidate must operate successfully in a fast-paced, global, results-oriented environment, and have the ability to influence the decisions of senior business leaders through effective verbal and written communication, logical reasoning, and the presentation of alternatives. The successful candidate must be able to think and act both strategically and tactically. Strong oral and written communication skills are crucial, as well as ability to think clearly, analyze quantitatively, problem-solve, scope technical requirements and prioritize.
The role requires a self-starter, who is able to work effectively autonomously but also cross-functionally with other teams including Creative, Development, Production, Legal and Business Affairs, Finance and Accounting. The ideal candidate will understand the television and original production business and be able to liaise between the Amazon business teams and production personnel.
• Serve as main point of contact between multiple original movie productions and Amazon Studios finance team.
• Onboard production accounting teams during pre-production to ensure that they adhere to our accounting manual guidelines for the studio.
• Work closely with production accounting teams to ensure production accounting guidelines are being followed.
• Work with show accountants on a day to day basis to drive accurate, complete and timely cost reporting, protecting and managing show assets and supporting production.
• Review production budgets, cost reports, trial balances and petty cash reconciliations prepared by show accountants.
• Collaborate with Line Producers, Production Managers, Production Accounting Staff and the Amazon Production team to prepare all financial reports and ensure proper reconciliation of accounts.
• Oversee production incentive workflow and ensure receipt of tax credits or cash.
• Manage production company onboarding and production payroll/accounting software set ups.
• Manage cash flow and funding schedules for assigned projects.
This position is located in Culver City, California.
• A combination of 4 years of experience in entertainment finance and production accounting in the film production industry.
• Advanced knowledge of various production accounting software: EP Smart Accounting, Vista, PSL, MediaWeb, and Greenslate.