Product Manager - Tech
AmazonCulver City, CA
Full Time Job
Product Manager III - Tech
We're looking for a Technical Product Manager who embodies this passion for change with a peculiar take on what technology can do for post-production now and in the future. You will be responsible for managing product lifecycle, roadmap and feature priorities, as well as contributing to operational planning narratives and engineering roadmaps. The ability to distill clear requirements from large and diverse sets of customers, partners, vendors, engineering teams, and other Amazon business units is crucial.
You are a simplifier in an ambiguous environment. You determine when it is appropriate to build, improve an existing solution, or integrate existing features for a more cohesive end-to-end customer experience. You influence technical priorities and business strategy through data-driven contributions. You make sure business and technology teams are aligned with customer needs. You discern which features are essential, can be triaged, as well as which can be omitted altogether. You do not allow software work to be de-scoped to a less than acceptable product. You are an effective negotiator, make smart trade-offs, and drive appropriate schedules. You are willing to readjust priorities to ensure the right customer, technology, and engineering outcomes.
You understand the systems and technologies behind your product, their limitations, scaling factors, boundary conditions, and reasons for architectural decisions. You will define technical requirements and must be capable of articulating when a new technology is needed (and when it is not) or discuss the differences between two technology offerings. You know how and when to escalate without damaging relationships. When confronted with discordant views, you are able to find the best way forward and influence others to follow that path.
You develop product plans that have clear, measurable success criteria. You define mechanisms and metrics that enable you to quickly explain your product's adoption, performance and any variance against goals. You proactively seek out new and improved data/mechanisms that make the customer experience visible and to ensure your product stays aligned with business goals. You define showstoppers related to product quality, make sure bugs are triaged, and ensure issues are resolved or mitigated in the right order.
Candidate must have a strong background in the post-production environment combined with a passion for excellence and change management experience. Post-production technology covers a wide array of trade skills. This position will specifically focus on studio and production-level workflows involving asset management, content collaboration and security, vendor engagement, and cloud-based integrations between internal and external stakeholders.
• Be the internal subject matter expert on post-production workflows and the use of technology to automate manual processes.
• Collaborate across internal and external teams to generate consensus and deliver results.
• Work closely with post-production operators and engineering teams to turn great ideas into great products.
• Collect and synthesize feedback from multiple customer groups to inform strategy and roadmap.
• Understand the needs of our stakeholders to deliver products that delight customers while achieving business results.
• Own the development of detailed product requirements documents.
• Work cross-functionally with engineering, design, and operations teams to deliver on the product roadmap.
• Drive projects, products, and feature launches with teams both inside and outside of the Amazon Studios including: creative, operations, localization, business development, content acquisition, legal, marketing, awards, PR, and downstream Prime Video teams.
• Drive projects, products, and feature launches with external partners that often work on behalf of the above Amazon teams.
• Experience with feature delivery and tradeoffs of a product
• Bachelor's Degree
• 5 years of experience in product or program management, product marketing, business development or technology
• Experience with end to end product delivery
• Experience contributing to engineering discussions around technology decisions and strategy related to a product
• Experience overseeing roadmap strategy and definition
Amazon Studios is the entertainment development and production arm of Amazon. We create and deliver Amazon Originals content for Prime Video customers. Over the past 10 years, we have debuted award-winning and ground-breaking programming like The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel, Jack Ryan, Carnival Row, Homecoming, The Man in the High Castle, and Manchester by the Sea.
The Post Production Technology Group (PPTG) creates technology for production, post-production, localization, and marketing of series and movies globally. We want to revolutionize the post-production landscape, utilizing never-before-seen, streamlined, cutting-edge technologies. We believe that investing in cloud infrastructure, tools and applications to manage our media assets and workflows enables Amazon Studios to scale its operations and become nimbler in management decisions.