Producer, Current Series
AmazonCulver City, CA
This was removed by the employer on 3/9/2021 2:33:00 PM PST
Not to worry we have a lot of other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Crew Category
Browse the Film and TV Production Category
Browse the Studio Category
Search for Producer, Current Series jobs in Culver City-CA
Search all Producer, Current Series postings
Are you an employer?
How do I hire a Producer, Current Series? Wondery (an Amazon company) is the largest independent podcast publisher in the world, known for character-driven, binge-worthy stories including ''Dirty John,'' ''Dr. Death,'' ''The Shrink Next Door,'' and ''Business Wars.'' Wondery is behind 8 of the Top 20 New Shows of 2019 according to Podtrac, with ''The Shrink Next Door'' landing at the #1 new show of 2019. Twenty-six of Wondery's shows have hit #1 on Apple Podcasts. Sixteen of them have been, or are in the process of being, adapted for scripted television. Wondery has gained critical acclaim and commercial success for its immersive approach to sonic, emotionally-immersive storytelling which helps listeners to ''feel the story.
Wondery is looking for a Producer to work closely with the VP of Current Series on our original always-on and seasonal series, such as Business Wars, American Scandal, American History Tellers, Imagined Life, and Even the Rich. We are looking for a candidate who loves audio storytelling, is curious about the world, and knows how to convey sometimes complicated information in an entertaining, dramatically compelling and emotionally engaging way.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Oversee and manage production for assigned always-on shows, from story selection through delivery of final mix
• Hire and manage writers, editors, producers, sound designers
• Provide structural notes and line edits on series outlines and long-form scripts, in both single-voice narration and interview-driven formats
• Work with VP to create department organization and strategy
• 1 years of experience in writing or producing long-form narrative, particularly in the audio space
• Strong writing, editing and research skills
• BA is required
• Experience with character-driven narrative storytelling, scene setting, and dialogue writing
• Experience writing for the ear
• Ability to craft a series arc across multiple episodes
• Understanding of what makes a story relatable, dramatic and interesting This job is no longer available. Click here to view current job listings.