Principal Marketing Manager Amazon Music
AmazonCulver City, CA
Full Time Job
Imagine being a part of an agile team where your ideas reach millions of customers. Picture working on cutting-edge consumer-facing products, where every single team member is a critical voice in the decision-making process. Envision being able to leverage the resources of a Fortune-500 company within the atmosphere of a start-up. Welcome to Amazon Music, where ideas are born and come to life as Amazon Music Unlimited, Prime Music, and so much more.
We are looking for a highly creative, analytical and results-oriented Principal Marketing Manager to help drive the growth of our Amazon Music Unlimited HD premium subscription plan globally. The senior marketing manager will work across Amazon teams, influencing and leading partners to think big, invent and simplify, and deliver on project roadmaps with excellence. Key relationships span the globe and include: country teams, technology, legal, finance, product and marketing teams.
This role is primarily responsible for driving awareness, discoverability, and adoption of Amazon Music Unlimited HD with Amazon customers worldwide. A successful candidate will be an independent, creative problem-solver with great business acumen and the ability to lead multiple projects simultaneously while managing competing deadlines. The candidate must also have proven data analysis skills and success increasing customer discovery and adoption of products, as well as be a passionate advocate for customers. You will have strong marketing, program management and stakeholder management skills, with the ability to work independently under time constraints to deliver results. Given the complexity of the role, it will also be important to be operationally strong – managing a large number of relationships, dependencies, and timelines across many teams, as well as being to manage through ambiguity.
• Own the strategy, planning, and execution of marketing campaigns
• Flawlessly execute marketing campaigns, running A/B tests to optimize creative and campaign targeting
• Partner with internal teams to create experiences that will delight our customers
• Rely on data to drive insights that will inform key marketing strategies
• Analyze and communicate marketing performance to stakeholders learning's and best practices
Your key responsibilities will include the following:
• Design, build, and launch inventive new marketing programs that will enable rapid global growth of AMU HD subscribers.
• Working with technology teams to identify and scope new capabilities needed to support and accelerate the expansion of AMU HD subscriptions.
• Develop marketing campaigns, across different channels, including messaging, segmentation, and testing strategies to optimize performance.
• Publish reporting on program status, ensuring local and global stakeholders are well informed about the roadmap and program performance
• 9 years of professional non-internship marketing experience
• Experience driving direction and alignment with cross-functional teams
• Experience building, executing and scaling cross-functional marketing programs
• Experience using data and metrics to measure impact and determine improvements
• Experience using Microsoft Excel to manipulate and analyze data
• Experience presenting metrics and progress to goal to senior leadership
• 7 years of experience in developing and driving high-performing marketing campaigns working across large cross-functional teams.
• Understand customer lifecycle marketing, including such concepts as customer lifetime value, retention, churn, etc.
• Excellent communicator both verbally and written, with an ability to communicate at all levels in the organization and build strong relationships.
• Proven experience in digital marketing or product/program management, ideally in entertainment.
• Experience working across disciplines and managing projects across a wide range of stakeholders, including presentation at a leadership level.
• Strong bias for action with ability to prioritize and multi-task.
• Resourceful problem-solver with ability to excel in an ambiguous environment.
• Ability to think strategically and operationally, delivering the day to day while defining and leading future direction.
• A good understanding of digital products and interactive entertainment
• Experience developing and managing marketing experiment roadmaps
• Experience managing competing priorities and using metrics to drive business decisions
• Proven track record of taking ownership and driving results
• Ability to think both strategically and tactically
• Strong analytical and quantitative skills, ability to use data to develop and measure campaign performance
• The ability to ''think outside the box'' and recommend new initiatives
• Demonstrated ability to run experiments, derive insights, and optimize to achieve desired results
• Demonstrated relentlessly high standards and attention to detail