Principal, Consumer Research and Insights
AmazonCulver City, CA
This was removed by the employer on 8/25/2020 12:32:00 PM PST
Not to worry we have a lot of other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Marketing/Publicity/PR Category
Browse the Studio Category
Search for Principal, Consumer Research and Insights jobs in Culver City-CA
Search all Principal, Consumer Research and Insights postings
Are you an employer?
How do I hire a Principal, Consumer Research and Insights? Principal, Consumer Research and Insights IMDB TV
The Content and Programming team for IMDb TV is shaping the future of digital video entertainment. Our mission is to build earth's most customer-centric premium ad-supported video service, free and convenient for hundreds of millions of customers to enjoy. The Content and Programming team is looking for a highly motivated Sr. Research Manager. This role will serve as the primary point of aggregation and synthesis of data and insights. The ideal candidate will work at a high level across multiple teams, interfacing, collaborating and building scalable processes, systems and tools with the Studios, Business and Marketing teams. The Sr. Research Manager will be responsible for customer and content focused research projects and analyses that inform and support IMDb TV's content strategy. The job scope requires expertise across Consumer Insights, Data Analytics, Audience Measurement and Customer Growth in an ad-supported environment.
This role will be based in Los Angeles. The successful candidate will have proven proficiency in analyzing and presenting large amounts of performance and customer data, market research principles, direct project management experience and a background in assessing and evaluating the value of content. They will have strong analytical abilities as well as written and verbal communication skills. They will be a self-starter, comfortable with ambiguity, able to think big (while paying careful attention to detail), and will enjoy working in a fast-paced, dynamic environment. They will work closely with Data Science, Consumer Insights, Content Development, Content Acquisition, Marketing and Finance teams, always making sure to represent the voice of our customers.
The IMDb TV team is looking for a candidate who can build on our early success and help define our future. We hire the world's brightest minds, offering them an environment in which they can relentlessly innovate, experiment and drive solutions that will improve the customer experience. Amazon Studios has a culture of data-driven decision-making and demands insights and recommendations that are timely, accurate, and actionable.
• Develop research objectives, write surveys, create sound sampling and weighting schemes, and analyze results.
• Identify appropriate methodologies based on business and research objectives.
• Work closely with vendors to insure successful execution of research projects (domestic and global).
• Lead strategic research using primary, secondary and syndicated data sources.
• Translate complex data sets into clear and compelling written narrative.
• Accurately represent, and advocate for, the IMDb TV customer in all analysis and meetings.
• Ownership of research studies end to end.
• Analyze OTT and Linear TV content market segment conditions, challenges and opportunities.
• Build insights that demonstrate the value of digital content.
• Create reporting on the performance of content on the service by differing value metrics and customer segments.
• Map data from multiple internal and externals sources to present customer insights and overall value of a piece of content.
• Analyze customer and content results to drive improvements in content strategy.
• rack and measure the performance of priority content programs against viewership and engagement goals
• Design strategic content tests and partner with content teams to run these tests
• Use data-driven audience and content insights to inform content development and programming strategies
• Establish a data-driven understanding of what categories, formats, and creative tactics make content successful on IMDb TV
• Create content case studies highlighting effective content best practices
• Use insights to develop product and category specific content ''Playbooks''
• Leverage the full depth of Amazon's data tools and insights teams to understand each target audience segment
• Identify important research projects to influence IMDb TV's overall content business, effectively partnering with all other data, research and insights team.
It is our role to produce Original content and license tv and movies in service of IMDb TV's customers. Are you interested in shaping the future of movies and television? Do you want to define the next generation of how and what Amazon customers are watching? We're just getting started changing the way millions of people enjoy content and we need your passion, innovative ideas, and creativity to help take us to new heights.
• 10 years working within a creative organization using data to shape programming strategy and grow audiences
• Experience analyzing how content variables, target audiences, and distribution methods all affect content performance, and an ability to create recommendations that balance and optimize the three in parallel
• Experience with Data Analytics tools (e.g., Tableau), knowledge of digital media data sources (e.g., platform analytics, Tubular Labs), and an ability to edit/enhance SQL queries.
• Experience visualizing data-driven insights for diverse audiences and in many forms (decks, docs, presentations, case studies)
• Experience designing and maintaining content performance dashboards.
• Knowledge of content discovery mechanisms (algorithms) and optimization levers within a digital media platform
• Experience creating relationships across a growing and evolving organization with complex decision influences
• Experience scoping and building processes and process enhancements This job is no longer available. Click here to view current job listings.