Podcast Curation Lead
AmazonCulver City, CA
Full Time Job
We are seeking an experienced, collaborative and enthusiastic person for the position of Podcast Curation Lead in our Los Angeles, CA office. Our team is focused on building a personalized, curated, and seamless listening experience for Music AND Podcasts. We want to help our customers discover up-and-coming creators, shows, and episodes -- while also having access to their favorite musicians and artists. This is a full-time position in Amazon Music's new podcast-focused team. It is a cross-functional role that requires both a process-driven, operational mindset, keen attention to detail, as well as technological skill and aptitude. The ideal candidate will be self-driven and have a combination of experience and attitude that will help them thrive in a fast-paced, results-driven environment built around a strong, innovative culture.
Amazon is changing the way people listen to music and podcasts. Amazon Music now offers a free-to-customer ad-supported listening experience, Prime members have ad-free access to over two million songs on-demand, subscribers of Amazon Music Unlimited can listen to a catalog of over 70 million songs, and Amazon Music HD provides the highest quality streaming audio. We continue to innovate, building a world class audio experience around the world, by making strategic data-driven decisions that start with the customer.
Amazon Music offerings are available in countries around the world, and our applications support our mission of delivering music, podcasting, and audio entertainment to customers in new and exciting ways that enhance their day-to-day lives.
As Podcast Curation Lead, you will drive improvements to our content curation and customer experience, while managing relationships with artists and creators. This role is inherently cross-functional - you will work closely with other members of the programming, editorial and marketing teams, product managers, UX design, developers, operations, content acquisition and executive teams. You will play an important role in defining and executing Amazon Music's podcast programming and editorial strategy. A passion for podcasting and spoken word audio is a must.
Key Activities Include
• Manage a podcast content calendar based around upcoming launches, editorial themes, seasonal initiatives, and cultural moments
• Develop and execute creative, quantifiable programming campaigns to drive awareness and engagement
• Leverage our creative resources, both in-house and third party, to manage the creation of relevant, high quality podcast content
• Collect, analyze and report relevant performance metrics and convert these metrics into compelling marketing stories and curation opportunities
• Drive podcast playlisting and enhance experiences that merge music and podcast content
• Provide insights on what's working and what's not, and make content recommendations
• Play a key role as tastemaker and apply a deep understanding across podcast, cultural happenings, music and pop culture
• Stay on top of the latest trends across YouTube, Facebook, Twitter, Tik Tok, and other media platforms
• Proactively identify and resolve strategic issues that may impair the team's ability to meet strategic, financial, and technical goals
• Minimum of 5 years professional experience in program management, media/entertainment, or music streaming/podcasting/radio
• Deep knowledge of the podcasting ecosystem
• Experience of programming, curation, and optimizing for engagement on a digital platform
• Deep understanding of creative communication and a solid sense of quality and commercial messaging
• Ability to drive your own work independently, leading multiple projects with many stakeholders
• A deep understanding of audience segments and targeting content to meet the needs of various audiences
• Passion for the entertainment and culture space and a great eye for quality content and talent
• A strong command of the broader digital landscape and an interest in keeping up to date with developments in web and mobile platforms and applications
• Demonstrated success in achieving aggressive short, medium and long-term goals
• Passion for creating innovative solutions for consumers