AmazonCulver City, CA
Full Time Job
Amazon Studios is the original, television development, and production arm of Amazon.com. Our projects include THE MARVELOUS MRS MAISEL, JACK RYAN, GOLIATH, and THE BOYS. The Amazon Studios team focuses on ensuring we invest in the most promising original content for our customers.
We are seeking to fill a Financial Analyst role within the Participations and Royalties reporting department. This is an exciting opportunity to join the team at an early, high growth stage and have ownership over the profit-participations reporting function for Amazon Studios.
This role requires a self-starter who can interpret participation and merchandising agreements with the willingness to learn/absorb new concepts. The role primarily supports the Participations Lead and third party reporting teams within our fast growing film and television studio. The role will be tasked with statement creation, quarterly/annual reporting, and deal profit analysis. Additionally, this role will assist with building out the Participations process across all divisions including Amazon Originals Movies, Prime Video, International Originals, and IMDb TV.
The candidate must collaborate successfully in a fast-paced, global, results-oriented environment, and possess the ability to influence the decisions of senior leadership. Excellent oral and written communication skills are crucial, as well as the ability to think clearly, analyze quantitatively, problem-solve, scope technical requirements and prioritize. The candidate must also think and act both strategically and tactically.
• Report on the Prime Video (Amazon Originals, Branded Originals and International Originals) and ITV catalog on a quarterly basis to all participants
• Prepare and report royalty and separate pot statements for all applicable projects
• Gather and consolidate revenue and costs on a by-title basis
• Remit participations payments when necessary
• Track (in)outbound statements and payments
• Collect and prepare proper documentation for potential audit
• Work with BA/Legal on MAGR definition interpretation
• Continuously develop the department to evolve with industry MAGR and Net Proceeds changes
• Continuously build infrastructure, MAGR definition, statement templates and reporting guidelines
• Work with external partners consisting of agents, outside legal and Third Party Participants for interpretation of statements, questions, etc.
• Work with tech teams on system building, testing, and process automation
• Teach business partners about the specifics of participations and the calculations
• 3 years of participations, royalty reporting and/or progressive accounting experience in entertainment industry