Music Marketing Manager Hip-Hop / R&B
AmazonSanta Monica, CA
Full Time Job
As a member of the Artist Marketing team and based in Los Angeles, you will collaborate with internal and external stakeholder to develop innovative marketing strategies and go-to-market plans, focused on Hip Hop and R&B content, marketing executions, and relationships. This candidate will possess a thorough understanding and passion for Hip Hop and R&B music and culture, that can translate into integrated marketing plans. The ideal candidate will remain on the foreground of discovering new music and culturally relevant moments and events within the Hip Hop / R&B world. As part of the Artist Marketing team, you will be responsible for constructing the marketing strategy to support new album releases, individual artist partnerships, and driving growth and engagement with genre playlists. Outside of the Marketing organization, you will work closely with teams ranging from label relations, artist relations, editorial, and programming to meet and exceed the goals of each project. As such, this candidate will be able to apply the genre expertise to think strategically, manage tactical marketing executions, and possess strong written and verbal communication skills. You will also have experience and expertise in managing budgets as well as internal and external resources in an efficient manner. He or she will be will be a self-starter, comfortable with ambiguity in a fast-paced and ever-changing environment and operate with a high attention to detail – they'll sweat the small stuff. The successful candidate has proven experience in executing campaigns from inception, to execution, to recap and everything in between. They are passionate about diving deep, measuring results and finding opportunities in the data.
Key Responsibilities include:
• Brief and collaborate with internal and external teams on strategic marketing plans and tactical executions
• Ensure Amazon Music customers have a seamless interaction with all marketing activity
• Establish yourself as an impactful artist marketing lead that collaborates cross-functionally and executes artist partnerships, ensuring a best-in class consumer experience.
• Communicate key dates, action items, and updates regularly with cross functional team and stakeholders to ensure on-time execution of marketing plans
• Closely manage project budgets including the ability to develop accurate cost estimates for projects as well maintaining the budget and post-project reporting.
• 5 years of marketing experience
• Experience using data and metrics to measure impact and determine improvements
• Bachelor's degree
• 2 years experience creating go-to-market plans, focused specifically on Hip Hop and R&B content/new album releases.
• Proven track record of owning projects from start to finish and delivering successful results
• High attention to detail and proven ability to manage multiple, competing priorities simultaneously
• Excellent oral and written communication skills and an ability to influence others
• Strong analytic and quantitative skills - ability to use data to develop and measure marketing programs
• Strong knowledge of contemporary music with an emphasis on hip-hop and R&B
• Ability to successfully organize, prioritize and run multiple projects under strict deadlines
• Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
• Innovative thinker; continuously seeks to enhance the customer experience
• Collaborative partner; ability to work cross-functionally in a team environment
• Thinks strategically, but stays on top of tactical execution
• Exceptional communication skills including active listening
• Demonstrated innovative practices that take calculated risks
Imagine being a part of an agile team where your ideas have the potential to reach millions. Picture working on cutting-edge consumer-facing products, where every single team member is a critical voice in the decision-making process. Envision being able to leverage the resources of a Fortune-500 company within the atmosphere of a start-up. Welcome to Amazon Music, where ideas are born and come to life as Amazon Music Unlimited, Prime Music, and so much more.
Everyone on our team has a meaningful impact on product features, new directions in music streaming, and customer engagement. We are looking for new team members across a variety of job functions including software engineering/development, marketing, design, ops and more. Come join us as we make history by launching exciting new projects in the coming year.
Our team is focused on building a personalized, curated, and seamless music experience. We want to help our customers discover up-and-coming artists, while also having access to their favorite established musicians. We build systems that are distributed on a large scale, spanning our music apps, web player, and voice-forward audio engagement on mobile and Amazon Echo devices, powered by Alexa to support our customer base. Amazon Music offerings are available in countries around the world, and our applications support our mission of delivering music to customers in new and exciting ways that enhance their day-to-day lives.