Manager, Podcast Development
AmazonCulver City, CA
This was removed by the employer on 9/15/2021 12:34:00 PM PST
Not to worry we have a lot of other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Radio Category
Browse the Writing Category
Search for Manager, Podcast Development jobs in Culver City-CA
Search all Manager, Podcast Development postings
Are you an employer?
How do I hire a Manager, Podcast Development?
Full Time Job
Amazon Music is looking for a Senior Manager of Podcast Development to help identify new series for the company to produce. You will be tasked with sourcing talented storytellers and identifying new series to be produced for all podcast genres and formats.
You must be an avid podcast listener with at least six years of Podcast, TV or Film development experience. Looking for a creative self-starter with strong story instincts who knows how to generate new projects through creator outreach and ideation. This is a phenomenal opportunity to grow within a forward-thinking media company. This position is entirely focused on podcast development and will put you at the center of the development and greenlight process for new podcast series.
• Drive the creative conception and development of new original series, from initial pitch through the greenlight stage.
• Recruit, cultivate, and develop podcast talent – in front of and behind the mic.
• Build and manage relationships with prospective talent, partners, and outside production companies.
• Leverage data/analytics/user testing to inform decisions and help build a successful exclusive and original podcast slate at Amazon Music
• Work closely with cross-department teams on Amazon's overall podcast portfolio
• 6 years experience as a podcast development exec, producer/production manager or line producer
• Source and develop ideas for podcasts focused on culture and entertainment
• Identify writers, hosts, and other talent that should be working the podcast space.
• Ideate, write up pitch decks and present ideas to the podcast development team to create new shows and podcast properties
• A deep curiosity, enthusiasm, and love for great stories: you're constantly looking for untapped stories that haven't been fully told yet.