Live Infrastructure Sys Dev Engineer
AmazonSanta Monica, CA
Full Time Job
Prime Video is disrupting the traditional television and movie industry with a massive selection of high-quality media for live streaming and download. Our services are engineered for high availability, maximum reach, and low operating costs which translate into affordable prices for our customers. We enable the world to watch video instantly, whether we're on the road, cramped in an airplane seat, or enjoying a show from the comfort of the living room sofa. Prime Video delivers Movies and TV shows to Windows and MacOS PCs, portable devices, gaming consoles, and smart TVs. Today, we serve customers in the US, Canada, Mexico, Japan, UK, France, and Germany, and we aspire to grow-- a lot.
The Live Infrastructure team delivers consistent, elite customer experiences which ''just work'' for everyday consumers. We build and maintain reliable, high performance live experiences, and we take ownership of the end-to-end live streaming experience-- from the venue, through our encoding and delivery platform, out through PV's client applications. Our team makes a big impact because nothing is more important to us than pleasing our customers, continually earning their trust, and thinking long term. If you crave a sense of ownership, this is the place to be.
Our Live Infrastructure team is looking for a passionate, results-oriented, hard-working and operationally focused System Development Engineer to support the fast evolving and expanding video eco-system, especially for live events and 24/7 linear channels. You will have an enormous opportunity to work within multiple systems analyzing and identifying the common issues, and driving the teams towards resolution to have a positive impact on customer experience. This job requires you to learn quickly and work on disparate and overlapping tasks.
Some of the key job functions:
• Design and implement systems that support the Prime Video's Live OTT delivery
• Develop automation to scale Prime Video Live Operations
• Expand external customer notifications on systems and support status
• Grow monitoring capabilities and systems reliability
• Develop operational metrics and maintain service level agreements
• Provide escalation support for incoming trouble tickets
• Work with other teams and engineers to integrate into the greater Live Playback environment
• BS in Computer Science, Engineering or a related technical field, or relevant technical experience
• Experience in scripting in Python or similar language
• Knowledge of the UNIX/Linux operating system and system administration
• Knowledge of AWS technologies, and networking concepts
• Proven ability to troubleshoot and identify the root cause of issues. You're a natural problem solver!
• Demonstrated skill and passion for operational excellence.
• 3 years overall development/technical support experience