Linear Platform Oe Manager
AmazonSanta Monica, CA
Full Time Job
Amazon Prime Video is disrupting the traditional television and movie industry with a massive selection of high-quality media for live streaming and download. Our services are engineered for high availability, maximum reach, and low operating costs which translate into affordable prices for our customers. We enable the world to watch video instantly, whether we're on the road, cramped in an airplane seat, or enjoying a show from the comfort of the living room sofa. AIV delivers Movies and TV shows to Windows and MacOS PCs, portable devices, gaming consoles, and smart TVs. Today, we serve customers in the US, Japan, UK, and Germany, and we aspire to grow-- a lot.
The Live Playback team delivers consistent, elite customer experiences which ''just work'' for everyday consumers. We build reliable, high performance live experiences, and we take ownership of the end-to-end live streaming experience-- from the live encoding core platform out through AIV's client applications. Our team makes a big impact because nothing is more important to us than pleasing our customers, continually earning their trust, and thinking long term. If you crave a sense of ownership, this is the place to be.
Our Live Operations Infrastructure team is looking for a passionate, results-oriented, hard-working and operationally focused Support Engineer to drive Operational Excellence initiatives across our Linear Channel offerings world wide. You will have an enormous opportunity to work within multiple systems analyzing and identifying the common issues, and driving the teams towards resolution to have a positive impact on customer experience. This job requires you to hit the ground running and your ability to learn quickly and work on disparate and overlapping tasks will define your success. The ideal candidate will have excellent communications and writing skills to facilitate conversations across multiple teams and leadership levels. They will also have a strong ability to collate lots of types of disparate data and present in reports that tell a story about the overall health of our systems. Hands-on development with other Live Infrastructure Systems and Systems Development engineers will be a key to success.
Some of the key job functions:
• Understand high-level technical aspects of existing systems and services
• Design and implement automation techniques for reporting on health and quality of our Linear Channel platform.
• Provide support of incoming tickets, including extensive troubleshooting tasks
• Work on operations and maintenance and driving improvements, automation
• Grow into ability to develop tools to aid operations and maintenance.
• System and Support status reporting.
• Customer notification and workflow co-ordination and follow-up to maintain service level agreements.
• Work with senior engineers and other teams for handing-off or taking over active support issues, prioritizing root-cause fixes with engineers and creating a team specific knowledge base and skill set.
This is an opportunity to join the live streaming operations team in Santa Monica. This is a huge growth opportunity as we have launched live streaming products and channels all over the world, and are growing our offering to customers and will be delivering more tier 1 live events content (sports, public events) this year and beyond.
• BS in Computer Science, Engineering or a related technical field, or relevant technical experience
• Knowledge of the UNIX/Linux operating system and system administration
• Knowledge of AWS technologies, and networking concepts
• Proven ability to troubleshoot and identify the root cause of issues. You're a natural problem solver!
• Demonstrated skill and passion for operational excellence.
• Strong written and verbal communication skills
• 3 years overall development/technical support experience