Lead Creative Producer, Movies
AmazonCulver City, CA
Full Time Job
The Lead Creative Producer (LCP) for Movies, reports to the Head of Marketing Creative Production and ensures that all elements of Marketing Production, Unit Photography, BTS (Behind the Scenes) and EPK (Electronic Press Kit or on- camera interviews) Post Production for assigned films are completed on time and on budget in the most effective and efficient manner possible. This position works closely with Creative Marketing Managers, Campaign Managers, Social Managers, internal cross functional teams, and external agencies throughout the life of a film campaign. A movies LCP must be well versed in film production, video production, photography and post production and understand how all function within an overall marketing campaign in order to deliver assets that global marketing campaigns are built on.
MARKETING VIDEO PRODUCTION / PHOTOGRAPHY
• During pre-production, gather scripts, schedules, creative and relevant information for efficient production of content capture (BTS capture).
• Collaborate with internal stakeholders to collect requests for on set production. Create shot lists for unit photographers and video crew
• Produce all photo and video shoots which includes hiring and recommending the appropriate photographer, director, director of photography, crew, and/or production company to execute the creative vision of a given campaign.Work with filmmakers, unit publicists and talent reps to coordinate the capture of BTS content while on set, and on camera interviews of talent.
• Has the ability to write talent interview questions, exhibiting a deep grasp of the movie's content.
• Understand the logistics and pacing of production to understand how a marketing crew fits in to overall movie production.
• Based on availabilities and creative direction, plan for a photography pull aside, mini gallery or full gallery photo shoot during production
• Pick up outstanding interviews after the wrap of production
• Produce large scale Content Days for marketing during anticipation of film release dates, including social assets.
• Produce large scale Gallery photo shoots for Key Art/One Sheets for marketing during anticipation of film release date
• Oversee all talent approvals photography, pull frame grabs and create photography ''Key'' sets for internal and external stakeholders use as the foundational assets for global campaigns
• Work with Video agencies to full film clips, b-roll and soundbites from on set capture to deliver to partners
• Produce BTS featurettes for partners including X-Ray, social or publicity (if requested)
• Understand legalities film use and BTS use - be familiar with Paid Ads
This role is based in Culver City, CA but travel will be required.
• 5 years of creative services experience
• Experience working at or with a creative or advertising agency, network, streaming service, or studio
• Experience leading process improvements and/or operations tool implementations (e.g. digital asset management tool)
• Understanding of the workflow within a marketing, production, or creative department or company
• Experience leading projects across multiple stakeholders
• Experience working with digital asset management tools
• Minimum 7 years of producing physical production (photo and live action) at a network, studio, streaming service, or advertising agency.
• An understanding of the creative production process, terminology and on-set etiquette standards
• Knowledge of the Macintosh operating systems.
• Knowledge of the Adobe Creative Suite.
• An understanding of the creative production process, terminology and on-set etiquette standards.
• Network of industry professionals to utilize on productions, relevant directors, directors of photography, photographers, content creators and producers (VFX, AV, etc.).
• Experience negotiating contracts with productions companies and unions.
• Experience with Union and Non-Union Hiring and Filming.
• Experience in Digital Fusion or similar editing program.
• Experience with digital capture and video editing software.
• Understanding of photography including file formats and terminology.