Jr. Executive -- Drama Department
AmazonCulver City, CA
Full Time Job
Amazon Studios is seeking a dynamic, self-motivated Junior Development Executive to work with the drama development team. This role will provide coverage and feedback to creatives within the department. The successful candidate will be able to react with appropriate urgency to situations and events that require quick response or turnaround; and efficiently and creatively solve difficult or complex problems that affect people within the group or other related groups. The candidate will also have great attention to detail while still meeting tight deadlines, have great organization skills and have the ability to switch gears at a moment's notice.
Key responsibilities include:
• Evaluate the quality of scripts and offer creative feedback.
• Track writers and directors.
• Seek out and assess pilot proposals, scripts, and pitches.
• Work with writers to develop stories and scripts.
• Support all creative aspects of development, production and post-production.
• Serve as a liaison between the (insert department) and all other departments including Casting, Production, Marketing, Press, Research, Business and Legal Affairs.
• Bachelor's degree.
• 3 years of successful series development and/or current programming experience, in TV drama.
• Experience managing series