Hip-Hop & R&B Program Manager
AmazonCulver City, CA
Full Time Job
Imagine being a part of an agile team where your ideas have the potential to reach millions. Picture working on cutting-edge consumer-facing products, where every single team member is a critical voice in the decision-making process. Envision being able to leverage the resources of a Fortune-500 company within the atmosphere of a start-up. Welcome to Amazon Music, where ideas are born and come to life as Amazon Music Unlimited, Prime Music, and so much more.
Our team is focused on building a personalized, curated, and seamless music experience. We want to help our customers discover up-and-coming artists, while also having access to their favorite established musicians. We build systems that are distributed on a large scale, spanning our music apps, web player, and voice-forward audio engagement on mobile and Amazon Echo devices, powered by Alexa to support our customer base. Amazon Music offerings are available in countries around the world, and our applications support our mission of delivering music to customers in new and exciting ways that enhance their day-to-day lives.
Come innovate with the Amazon Music team!
The Hip-Hop & R&B Program Manager is a new role, serving as a senior member within Amazon Music's dedicated Hip-Hop & R&B genre team - responsible for executing on a wide number of Hip-Hop related initiatives, and ensuring the team meets its goals; in pursuit of our mission to further grow the genre on our platform for the benefit of artists and fans alike.
The successful candidate will balance a deep passion for, and knowledge of, the genre with exceptional business acumen including an extremely high level of organization, communication, attention to detail and collaborative working skills. In addition the Hip-Hop & R&B Program Manager will be a strategic thinker and strong contributor to the team vision/ direction as the industry and culture continues to evolve.
The Hip-Hop & R&B Program Manager will work highly collaboratively across a wide range of internal stakeholders (including the Hip Hop & R&B genre team, Artist Relations, Label Relations and a large number of adjacent internal functions) as well as external industry ones (artist teams, record labels and others), to deliver or ensure execution against our growth goals.
The Hip-Hop & R&B Program Manager will be responsible for the following:
• Managing against a comprehensive roadmap of projects / initiatives to further grow this priority genre on Amazon Music. This will necessitate working across a large number of internal and external teams to ensure priority initiatives are managed/delivered and goals are met;
• Engaging all key stakeholders / communicating status updates and advocating for growth initiatives internally to secure cross-functional buy-in and prioritization;
• Work with international colleagues to identify relevant growth opportunities;
• Continuously analyze and review team performance data to iterate and improve based on learnings
• Maintain a deep level of cultural/genre expertise by monitoring industry trends; and identifying new opportunities.
Are you up for the challenge?
Our environment is very fast-paced, and requires someone who is flexible, detail-oriented, supremely organized, analytical, and comfortable working with multiple teams and management.
If you have a passion for Hip Hop & R&B music, growing a business at Amazon, working directly with music labels, and providing customers a great music experience - please apply!
• Experience managing, analyzing and communicating results to senior management
• Experience using data and metrics to drive improvements
• 5 years experience in program or project management or 3 years of experience with an MBA
• Experience owning program strategy and end to end delivery
• 5 years experience delivering cross functional projects or 3 years of experience with an MBA
• Experience implementing repeatable processes and driving automation or standardization
• Experience defining and executing against program requirements
• 5 years experience with Label Relations, account management, product/project management or sales/marketing ideally within a specialist HH role, label or artist management team
• Knowledge of music industry and digital media landscape
• Deep passion for Hip-Hop music and culture
• Sound work ethic with exceptional attention to detail and drive to deliver