Head Of Us Media, Originals Series
AmazonCulver City, CA
Full Time Job
Head Of Us Media, Amazon Prime Video Originals Series
We are seeking an experienced, strategic, and highly analytical leader to be our Head of US Media, leading domestic media strategy, planning, and buying for Amazon Original Series and the Prime Video brand. Your focus will be to build and lead a best-in-class media team and agency in order to effectively drive mass awareness and viewership of individual TV series, while cultivating the Prime Video brand. You will be responsible for managing and developing a high-functioning team of media professionals to plan and execute innovative 360 media strategies across a robust mix of channels including, but not limited to, television, social, digital, mobile, print and out-of-home. You will also be responsible for managing our media agency, ensuring strategic thinking and breakthrough innovation, while maintaining a high bar for cost-effectiveness. Internally, you will be responsible for developing and optimizing media and investment strategies across a portfolio of campaigns to manage efficiencies that deliver to business goals. You will work directly with counterparts across the Original Series and Prime Video marketing teams, but will also interface with global, measurement, performance, and cross-channel mass marketing teams to identify best practices, create rigorous analytical processes, and establish and implement mechanisms to scale.
The ideal candidate will be a seasoned professional with a track record of translating top-level business objectives into media strategies, and driving tangible and measurable results. Metrics-driven, this position requires an experienced eye toward goal-setting and is someone that can analyze data and make key business decisions in an ambiguous and fast-paced environment. You will also have a track record of identifying and driving the right KPIs for your team in a complex business environment and effectively communicating those KPIs to senior leadership and internal stakeholders. The ideal candidate will offer a unique blend of strategic instincts, media marketing aptitude, measurement and executive management skills.
As Amazon's Head of Originals Media, you will:
• Act as a strategic partner between Originals brand marketing leads and agencies to develop creative, effective and holistic paid media strategies and tactics for Originals and brand marketing campaigns
• Set goals and KPIs and devise strategies through which to achieve them while implementing measurement plans
• Develop test and learn scenarios to continue to innovate and accelerate media performance
• Manage budgets and timelines for media programs
• Prepare forecasts and performance reports that monitor and analyze key media metrics, quality, and campaign performance.
• Oversee post-buy audit and optimization efforts to ensure the integrity and efficiency of the media plans
• Partner with finance and analytics teams to continuously measure the return on our media investment
• Interface directly with networks, affiliates and partners to develop new advertising programs and secure premium media
• Work alongside global advertising and media planning teams on regional/global projects
• Seek and evaluate strategic media opportunities and serve as a thought-leader on new and innovative ways to reach and connect with our customer
• Monitor and analyze competitive media and marketing strategies.
• Interface with Amazon commercial teams to evaluate incremental or cooperative media opportunities
• Work closely with the digital video merchandising team, Amazon Ad Exchange and other internal partners to leverage merchandising opportunities that can be integrated into Originals planning
• Bachelor's Degree
• 10 years relevant professional experience in media strategy, planning and buying
• Knowledge of media research, trafficking, tracking and reporting processes, techniques and technologies
• Experience driving direction and alignment with large cross-functional teams
• Experience managing teams
• Experience using Microsoft Excel to manipulate and analyze data
• Experience using data and metrics to measure impact and determine improvements