Head Of Unscripted Series Post
AmazonSanta Monica, CA
Full Time Job
Head Of Unscripted Series Post, Eu / LATAM
We are seeking to hire the Head of Unscripted Series Post, EU & LATAM. This position develops and manages the post production operational growth plan for the global expansion of unscripted Local Originals in territories throughout Europe and Latin America. Additionally, this role identifies, hires, trains, and supervises executives and coordinators in regional offices throughout these territories in order to effectively manage their growing Local Originals slate. Series managed by this team include wholly owned, co-production, and first-run licensed shows.
The Head of Unscripted Series Post, EU & LATAM develops and maintains a network of post production vendor and freelance partners around the world in order to consistently deliver premium content regardless of where the series is produced. This position analyzes the unique workflows and technical capabilities of each territory to maintain Amazon's high quality bar while also supporting our creative partners' visions. This role supervises post production personnel based in Los Angeles, London, Milan, Paris, Madrid, Munich, Mexico City, Rio de Janeiro, and other cities in key regions around the world.
The Head of Unscripted Series Post, EU & LATAM enables the senior team members to mentor and manage more junior members in their own regions. This role represents Unscripted Series Post, EU & LATAM in senior executive meetings, and this role provides the insights on post production schedules, budgets, and workflows that senior leaders require to make greenlight and other strategic decisions. This position regularly works with the leaders in Unscripted Production, Development, Strategy, Business Affairs, Legal, Localization, Mastering, Post Production Technology, Domestic Post Production, Partner Operations, Compliance, Marketing, and Public Relations from offices around the world.
The Head of Unscripted Series Post, EU & LATAM assigns each new project to the appropriate team members, and they meet with their direct reports regularly to ensure that cost, timelines, and quality are all managed properly on every series they cover. They develop career growth plans with each direct report, and they work closely with senior members of their team on high-profile shows.
• Hire, train, supervise, and set career growth plans for post executives and coordinators
• Oversee team processes to support on-time delivery and on-budget execution for all series projects in development, production, and post production for unscripted content in Europe and Latin America
• Ensure proper show assignment coverage and balance across team
• Participate in management of high-profile shows
• Support resolution of team escalations
• Develop team goals, roadmap, and strategy consistent with Global Post Management team objectives
• Identify, vet, and manage in-territory networks of facilities and freelancers
• Represent team interests with senior leadership
• Collaborate with other Post Management leaders and other Amazon Studios department heads to support cross-team processes and initiatives
• Drive process and technical innovation in support of team needs
• Establish standard operating procedure for existing and new territories
• Travel as required in support of show planning and execution
• 10 years of experience as unscripted post producer/post executive or the equivalent
• 3 years of experience managing international teams
• Organization and detail orientation
• Understanding of budgeting, scheduling, and technical workflows
• Post and editorial problem-solving ability
Amazon Studios is the content development and production arm of Amazon.com. We make and deliver Originals content for Prime customers. Over the past 5 years, we have debuted award-winning and ground-breaking programming like The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel, The Grand Tour, Six Dreams, and Un extraño enemigo. The Worldwide Production & Operations team covers physical production, post production, and localization of series and movies globally.