Head Of Brand Design, Amazon Music
AmazonSanta Monica, CA
Full Time Job
Come join a creative team dedicated to shaping the future of music and the evolution of brands - by making a service that helps artists and fans alike find their own unique acoustic signature -- and connect to music, community, and each other in truly powerful ways.
Our ideal candidate has led design teams in the past and has successfully built brand collaborations that not only created a halo for all partners involved, but led to innovative new ways of thinking and building businesses for those involved, too.
You are a critical, inventive thinker with clear design chops covering a diverse range of design work. You must think like an entrepreneur - able to pitch to and find comfort in big rooms, with impressive creative and business people, yet also able to kindly and empathetically work hands-on with and motivate teams and agencies to bring work to life. As well, you must think like an strategic, visionary leader - seeing the patterns in the music industry, in customer behaviors, and in our work and translate successful insights into scalable, repeatable programs that could be nimbly tailored and translated for new contexts.
• Set the Design vision for the Brand (rev'ing the internal and external Brand Book) and developing guidelines for internal communications, 360 marketing creative, artist collaborations, and brand partnerships.
• Create pitch decks, reference designs, frameworks, and style guides for how Amazon Music could work in a range of different experiences - from voice and sonic branding, to motion and video design, from buildings and physical events to traditional digital and social marketing, from tiers of co-op partnerships to bespoke artist merchandise
• Evolve how we design to best support, integrate, and leverage the full suite of Amazon sibling brands across entertainment, retail, fashion, gaming, and beyond.
• Be the player/coach of a small, scrappy team of cross-functional designers (brand development, writing, design) and agencies to define aspects of the brand, learning how and where to best focus and experiment - to develop a next-level, culturally thoughtful, emotionally inspiring, living brand design.
• Be a key voice in evolving Amazon Music's role in music culture and growing musician's entrepreneurial opportunities.
• Stay current on emerging fashion and cultural trends, design and behavioral research, music innovations, and broader inspirations and disruptions – and proactively identify opportunities to incorporate best current thinking into the teams' work.
• Deep passion for defining the future of music.
• Experience working with artists, actors, and top executives - comfort in articulating powerful visions in big rooms and enabling powerful collaboration with big personalities.
• Love for managing and growing small teams, helping them scale to get ahead of fast-developing needs.
• Track record of successful brand or artist collaborations (blending multiple brands in authentic, innovative ways.)
• Strong portfolio - 7-10 years as an ECD, Design Director, Fashion Design Director, Show Runner (on a brand-heavy, stylized show or film franchise,) or the like.
• Excellent written communication skills.