Head Of Artist Design, Amazon Music
AmazonSanta Monica, CA
Full Time Job
Amazon Music is looking for a talented and passionate Head of Artist Design to play a vital role in shaping the future of music through 360 campaigns for artists -- ones that encompass digital, fashion, retail, merchandise, and experiential design -- and consistently push the Amazon Music experience to new heights, in service of artists and their fans.
Our ideal candidate has the ability to delight with their thoughtful conceptual design work, as well as their leadership of diverse, multi-faceted design teams - all in the service of musicians and fans.
You must be a critical, inventive thinker with clear design chops, digital and product design, but also fashion, merchandise, and experiential design expertise, and an eagerness for pushing the emotional and cultural relevance of Amazon, all in the service of music and the epic artists and fans behind it. Being a big music fan and aspiring design entrepreneur is a big plus, as is being interested in how you can push design with data, machine learning, voice, as well as emerging technologies.
• Set the design vision for 360 artist design deals, working with a cross-functional team of Artist & Label Management, Editorial, Programming, Marketing, and Engineering teams.
• Create frameworks for how fans and artists think about digital, fashion, physical products, and events (in the broader music culture and in the end-to-end Amazon Music experience.)
• Do hands-on designs, prototypes, and experiments to drive exploration of what fans and customers most love about music, video and audio content, fashion, merch, events, and more.
• Hire Art Directors, Designers, Producers, freelancers, and agencies to execute on strategies and projects.
• Be a key voice in defining the evolving Amazon Music brand and its role in music culture.
• Identify ways to enable the team to scale, experiment, and diversify their approach to fashion, merchandise, and physical experiences – through mechanisms like guidelines, tools, templates, processes, systems, and the like.
• Stay current on emerging fashion and cultural trends, design and behavioral research, music innovations, and broader inspirations and disruptions – and proactively identify opportunities to incorporate best current thinking into the teams' work.
• Deep passion for defining the future of music.
• Experience working with musicians, entertainers, artist and label management, and other creative professionals.
• 7-10 years' experience as an ECD, Design Director, Principal Product Designer or related role.
• Strong online portfolio and specific examples from fashion or physical/industrial design (especially connected to entertainment categories) work.
• Experience leading diverse design teams through fast-paced, conceptual, strategic design projects.
• Passion for fashion, industrial design, architecture, and emerging opportunities that blend all of these types of design.
• Passion for design thinking and the strategic, business impact of design.
• Excellent communication and organizational skills.