Head Of Analytics, International Expansion
AmazonCulver City, CA
Full Time Job
Head Of Analytics, Prime Video International Expansion
Prime Video is changing the way customers around the world consume video entertainment by offering – in every country – the broadest selection of premium video within a single experience, accessible across all devices. The mission of Prime Video International Expansion Business Intelligence team is to drive marketing, product and content decisions that improve customer experience by providing analytical solutions and actionable insights across three lines of business – subscription video on demand (SVOD), Channels and transactional video on demand (TVOD). To help us fulfill this mission, we are seeking a competent, curious, resourceful, and experienced Senior Manager, Business Intelligence to lead a team of BIEs and Data Engineers to develop new insights about our customers, help grow our Prime Video business globally, and create innovative and engaging customer experiences. The team presents an exciting opportunity to work on very large data sets in one of the world's largest data warehouse environments. This leader will partner with cross-functional teams across marketing, finance, engineering, product management and content acquisition to drive strategic decisions with data and set up reporting capabilities for our international video streaming service.
Successful attributes include, effective communicator and leader of various levels and audiences, the capacity to remain flexible and adept at learning new tools, and the facility to implement new systems within a team atmosphere. The successful candidate will be an expert in program management and people management, and must be comfortable with ambiguity in a fast-paced and ever-changing environment. They are able to think big while paying careful attention to detail.
*Position can be located in Culver City or Seattle*
• Manage, hire, and develop a team of BIEs and Data Engineers, including building individuals' business and technical skills.
• Develop data science strategy to support marketing and business needs
• Develop and improve BI self-service resources used by our internal customers (e.g. dashboards, SQL code repositories, data dictionaries, and data catalogs).
• Partner with teams across Amazon to improve marketing attribution models and measure marketing incrementality and elasticity
• Recognize and adopt best practices in reporting and analysis: data integrity, test design, analysis, validation, and documentation.
• Manage and improve our BI customer communications.
• Bachelor's degree or higher in an engineering or technical field such as Computer Science, Mathematics, Statistics, Engineering or similar, or equivalent professional experience.
• Experience managing teams of 5 or more people, including hiring, coaching, and promoting individual contributors.
• Proven ability to manage competing priorities simultaneously and driving projects to completion.
• Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to work effectively across teams.
• A self-starter who loves data and who enjoys spotting trends in it.
• Advanced SQL skills.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills – can provide information to technical and non-technical stakeholders alike.
• Meets/exceeds Amazon's leadership principles requirements for this role
• Meets/exceeds Amazon's functional/technical depth and complexity for this role