Global Catalog Programming Lead
AmazonCulver City, CA
Full Time Job
Imagine being a part of an agile team where your ideas have the potential to reach millions. Picture working on cutting-edge consumer-facing products, where every single team member is a critical voice in the decision-making process. Envision being able to leverage the resources of a Fortune-500 company within the atmosphere of a start-up. Welcome to Amazon Music, where ideas are born and come to life as Amazon Music Unlimited, Prime Music, and so much more.
Everyone on our team has a meaningful impact on product features, new directions in music streaming, and customer engagement. We are looking for new team members across a variety of job functions including software engineering/development, marketing, design, ops and more. Come join us as we make history by launching exciting new projects in the coming year.
Our team is focused on building a personalized, curated, and seamless music experience. We want to help our customers discover up-and-coming artists, while also having access to their favorite established musicians. We build systems that are distributed on a large scale, spanning our music apps, web player, and voice-forward audio engagement on mobile and Amazon Echo devices, powered by Alexa to support our customer base. Amazon Music offerings are available in countries around the world, and our applications support our mission of delivering music to customers in new and exciting ways that enhance their day-to-day lives.
Come innovate with the Amazon Music team!
• Serve as Amazon Music's music expert for music older than eighteen months across genres and sub-genres.
• Apply extensive music knowledge to creation of hand-curated programming for Amazon Music's growing customer base, including the general audience and targeted fans of genres and artists.
• Dive deep into available data on stations, playlists, and individual tracks – to inform understanding of customer tastes, optimize customer experience, and maximize customer engagement.
• Devise and maintain a strategy for connecting fans with songs and artists through various types of programming (genre, era, mood, activity, etc.), whether they're discovering music for the first time or rediscovering old favorites.
• Use a deep knowledge of genres, subgenres, artists, albums, tracks, and trends to inform algorithmic programming at scale; work with developers to optimize customer experience for catalog music within genres of expertise.
• Liaise with stakeholders on teams including Catalog, Label and Artist Relations, Marketing, and PR to identify opportunities to amplify and increase awareness for playlists and stations.
• Own long-lead schedule for featuring artists and content in playlists, on cover artwork, and in out-of-home advertising; track coverage for calendar events including anniversaries and other landmark events; communicate with stakeholder teams to prioritize teams in Design, Artist Marketing, and Label and Artist Relations.
• Coordinate as needed with project managers on product, tech, and content teams around special projects, product launches, and innovations.
• Collaborate with voice programmers to identify best practices for routing customer genre and artists requests, and to fix ''paper cut'' experiences where no music or non-pertinent music returns.
• Manage catalog programming globally in concert with counterparts in other territories.
• Use a combination of aesthetic judgment and available data to identify opportunities, to create new playlists and stations, and to deprecate old ones.
• Work with manager and other stakeholders to establish medium and long-term strategy for genre programming, to set goals for increasing customer engagement and quantitative performance, and to formulate a plan to meet goals and achieve growth.
• BS/BA required
• 7 years in work experience in music programming, music supervision, editorial, A&R, and/or running an editorial calendar
• Demonstrated success in delivering results in a fast-paced, rapid-growth environment