Genre Social Media Manager Music
AmazonSanta Monica, CA
Full Time Job
Amazon Music is seeking an exceptional Genre-focused Social Media Manager to manage innovative global social media programs that feature key genres including Hip-Hop, R&B and Latin, and drive best-in-class customer experience and engagement. We are looking for an experienced and creative social media manager with a genuine passion for Hip-hop, R&B and Latin music and culture. The successful candidate will have a proven track record delivering results for social programs, driving audience growth, and publishing a high-volume of content, plus a drive for testing, learning, and making insight- and data-driven decisions. The Genre Social Media Manager will manage the content planning, curation, story ideation, and direct fan communication for the Rotation and Amazon Music social handles. You will work across internal teams including Marketing, Creative, Programming, Editorial, PR, Label/Artist Relations, Paid Social, and international teams. You will work with key social media and digital platforms such as Facebook, Instagram, Twitter and YouTube, as well as seek out emerging platforms that can help us grow our customer base and brand. Success in this role requires a passion for social media, love for music culture, excellent customer instincts, strong brand understanding, extreme attention to detail, excellent project management skills, an aptitude for measurement and performance monitoring, a keen eye for compelling and innovative content, and a passion for continuous improvement. You will need to possess an entrepreneurial ability to try new and different things with minimal direction. Overall, you will be challenged to push boundaries, propose and execute new ideas, and establish best practices for genre-specific posts across Amazon Music channels.
• Manage the day-to-day messaging, monitoring, and moderation of assigned Amazon Music social media channels & genre-focused posts
• Build out content plans and calendars for assigned handles
• Partner with other Social Media Managers to integrate genre-specific messaging across all channels
• Develop programs to grow audiences and foster global social conversation
• Guide the creation of micro-content such as social graphics, visual development, animated GIFs, and short-form video specific to hip-hop and Latin music
• Represent the Social Media team in meetings about hip-hop and Latin music
• Execute paid promotion in partnership with Paid Social team
• Track performance of social media campaigns, content, and overall health of the assigned social handles with regular reporting to leadership and stakeholders
• Work closely and collaboratively across Marketing, Creative, Programming, Editorial, PR, Label/Artist Relations, and international teams to champion social-first ideas and execute global integrated activations, events, and strategies
• Aide in the development of the social strategy as it relates to messaging, engagement, and content performance
• Surface insights for business and marketing strategies
• Partner with social platforms to identify new opportunities and develop innovative activations
• Present to senior leadership regularly on social plans and results
• Continuously ideate and innovate within the social space
• 3 years of marketing experience
• Experience using data and metrics to measure impact and determine improvements
• Experience using Microsoft Excel to manipulate and analyze data
• BA or BS degree, preferably in Communications, Business, Marketing, and/or related field
• 3 years of experience working in social media marketing, community management, digital/brand marketing
• Proven competency and superior knowledge of social platforms, tools, and performance tracking
• Passion for storytelling, listening to what the community has to say, and providing engaging experiences in the social space
• Expert knowledge of hip-hop or Latin music and culture
• Excellent writing and copy editing skills with the ability to translate traditional marketing content into brand-relevant conversations
• Passionate and knowledgeable about social media channels such as Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, Instagram with a strong desire to continue learning in order to stay on top of trends and emerging platforms
• Strong work ethic and high level of confidentiality
• Ability to manage multiple projects and creative ideas on tight deadlines in a fast-paced environment
• Attention to detail and ability to use sound judgement
Imagine being a part of an agile team where your ideas have the potential to reach millions. Picture working on cutting-edge consumer-facing products, where every single team member is a critical voice in the decision-making process. Envision being able to leverage the resources of a Fortune-500 company within the atmosphere of a start-up. Welcome to Amazon Music, where ideas are born and come to life as Amazon Music Unlimited, Prime Music, and so much more.
Everyone on our team has a meaningful impact on product features, new directions in music streaming, and customer engagement. We are looking for new team members across a variety of job functions including software engineering/development, marketing, design, ops and more. Come join us as we make history by launching exciting new projects in the coming year.
Our team is focused on building a personalized, curated, and seamless music experience. We want to help our customers discover up-and-coming artists, while also having access to their favorite established musicians. We build systems that are distributed on a large scale, spanning our music apps, web player, and voice-forward audio engagement on mobile and Amazon Echo devices, powered by Alexa to support our customer base. Amazon Music offerings are available in countries around the world, and our applications support our mission of delivering music to customers in new and exciting ways that enhance their day-to-day lives.
Come innovate with the Amazon Music team!