AmazonCulver City, CA
Full Time Job
Data Scientist I
Prime Video is an industry leading, high-growth business and a critical driver of Amazon Prime subscriptions, which contribute to customer loyalty and lifetime value. Prime Video is a digital video streaming and download service that offers Amazon customers the ability to rent, purchase or subscribe to a huge catalog of videos. The Prime Video Economist team works on disruptive ideas in the Prime Video space.
We are looking for a truly innovative Data Scientist to work on disruptive ideas within the Prime Video space. Examples of problem spaces you may be working on include video product pricing, ecosystem effects (how streaming affects rentals or purchases), and forecasting demand for new content on the platform. We also work on complex questions beyond video, for example how customers use and transition between Video and other digital products (e.g. Music or E-books/Audiobooks).
In this role, you will build models that measure and predict the value that the business creates (or the value of new opportunities) for our customers. This role requires a team member with strong quantitative modeling skills and the ability to apply statistical/machine learning methods to large amount of individual level and title level data. The candidate should have strong communication skills, be able to work closely with stakeholders and translate data-driven findings into actionable insights. The successful candidate will be a self-starter comfortable with ambiguity, with strong attention to detail and ability to work in a fast-paced and ever-changing environment.
On our team you will work with a diverse scientific team including engineers and economists as well as other data scientist to build statistical models using world-class data systems and partner directly with the business to implement the solutions.
• Bachelor's Degree
• 1 years of experience with data scripting languages (e.g SQL, Python, R etc.) or statistical/mathematical software (e.g. R, SAS, or Matlab)
• Experience with data mining and analytics techniques
• Experience with various machine learning/statistical modeling data analysis tools and techniques (e.g. sklearn, tensorflow, or keras), and parameters that affect their performance
• Experience in programming in R, Python, Scala or similar languages and maintaining code repositories in git
• Experience with data visualization and presentation, turning complex analysis into insight