Data Scientist II
AmazonCulver City, CA
Full Time Job
Want to shape the future of television through data science? We've got the shows people love to watch (Jack Ryan, The Expanse, The Boys) and the Emmy Awards love to honor (The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel, Fleabag). You've got the skills to unlock the patterns behind how people consume that content and ways the content development, marketing, and scheduling can be optimized.
We are looking for a customer-focused, solutions-oriented Data Scientist for our Amazon Studio Data Science team. The department is growing to provide more insights about our viewers and provide analytical solutions for the acquisition and retention of customers, revenue enhancement, and the delivery of a compelling consumer experience.
The goal of the role is to use the most effective data modeling techniques to discover the kinds of shows people want to see, the marketing that drives them to action, the scheduling and pacing of our releases, and the models that make it all work. The data tools you build and the algorithms you create will help drive and define the future of television for millions of customers.
• Build models and tools using technical knowledge in machine learning, statistical modeling, probability and decision theory, and other quantitative techniques.
• Understand the business reality behind large sets of data and develop meaningful analytic solutions.
• Work closely with internal stakeholders in finance, marketing, creative development, business affairs, strategy, and program planners.
• Innovate by adapting to new modeling techniques and procedures.
• PhD or equivalent Master's Degree plus 4 years of experience in CS, CE, ML or related field
• 2 years of experience of building machine learning models for business application
• Experience programming in Java, C , Python or related language