AmazonSanta Monica, CA
Full Time Job
Ring's Marketing Department is looking for a Copywriter who has successfully demonstrated a strong ability to connect with customers through innovative storytelling.
This is a hands-on role responsible for both conceptual and executional work. The right candidate will be an enthusiastic problem solver, who has a passion for creating original work through collaboration with a creative team of designers, producers, strategists, and media/channel experts. Must possess a proven ability to influence those around them with a clear vision for copywriting and dedication to excellence. Has demonstrated success translating business goals into compelling content and inspiring language. Starts with the customer in mind and understands the powerful role messaging can play in successful brand awareness and an engaging experience.
• Concept and execute compelling and innovative narratives and messaging across Ring's web properties, digital & social media, video, mobile, and audio, print, packaging, retail and other platforms that connect Ring to customers
• Affirm the voice of Ring's brand through a variety of marketing channels and platforms
• Translate marketing strategies into creative execution, partnering with Product Marketing and Strategy to ensure that content meets brand and business objectives
• Distill complex creative concepts to understandable solutions and clearly rationalize strategic thinking and rationale to stakeholders
• Follow market trends and apply an understanding of leading consumer engagement experiences to make decisions that will maximize the impact and effectiveness of content
• Ownership at the project level and responsible for end-to-end delivery of the creative process -- actively participate in creative briefings, develop & execute creative concepts (both independently and with the team), determine solutions/alternatives when necessary, and present work to stakeholders
• Contribute to brand identity work, including maintaining continuity by updating brand style guides
• Strong understanding of digital and social platforms as well as their use within marketing
• Fluency in understanding and interpreting strategy to develop initial concepts
• Understand and respond to customer data, steering the strategy of future creative directions
• 5 years of copywriting experience as part of an in-house creative department or at an advertising agency
• A portfolio of your work demonstrating finished projects
• Deep digital marketing experience; traditional advertising experience a plus
• Web-based portfolio exhibiting digital, social, print, and packaging work.
• High level of enthusiasm for contributing to work across the funnel -- from high-touch campaigns to performance marketing, and everything in between
• Experience working closely with cross-functional teams (product, strategy, media, production, etc)
• Ability to work with our cross-team and manage feedback from the business partners and stakeholders
• Unwavering attention to detail and an acute awareness that everything counts.
• Relentless desire for innovation, balanced with business priorities.
• Demonstrated business acumen and customer-centricity.
• Excellent verbal and presentation skills.
• Desire to mentor both inside and outside the department
• Experience leveraging KPIs, data, metrics and applying learnings in real time
Ring's mission is to make neighborhoods safer by creating a Ring of Security around homes and communities with its suite of home security products and services. The Ring product line, along with the Ring Neighbors app, enable Ring to offer affordable, complete, proactive home and neighborhood security in a way no other company has before. In fact, two Newark, NJ neighborhoods saw an over 50 percent decrease in home break-ins after Ring Video Doorbells and Spotlight Cams were installed on 11% of homes in the communities from April-July 2018 when compared to the same time period in 2017. Ring is an Amazon company. For more information, visit www.ring.com. With Ring, you're always home.
Ring is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or genetics.