Content Acquisition Manager
AmazonSanta Monica, CA
Full Time Job
We are looking for a Content Acquisition Manager to join our Content Acquisition Team. The Content Acquisition Manager will maintain Amazon's relationships with a large number of content partners globally. The Content Acquisition Manager will be responsible for securing new content and rights, catalog management, performing competitive monitoring and improve internal tools and processes. The ideal candidate will have experience negotiating licensing agreements and delivering results in a dynamic, fast-paced environment.
• Developing and maintaining strong relationships with independent record labels
• Independently negotiate license agreements with indie labels and support larger opportunities as part of a team
• Perform analysis to quantify the impact of royalty models, and other terms that are negotiated with record labels
• Collaborating with the legal team to review contractual terms and conditions relating to content licensing agreements
• Monitor the competitive landscape to help inform Amazon Music's strategic priorities and expansion opportunities
• Performing content strategy analysis to ensure our customers have the broadest selection of content available, regardless of territory
• Developing and analyzing business models for new content types
• Partner with internal Finance, Content Operations, Royalties and Reporting teams to help continuously improve the internal tools and processes
• 5 years of experience in an account management, licensing or business development role
• Experience with SQL
• Experience using Tableau and Excel
• 3 years of experience negotiating license or business development agreements
• Excellent data analysis, quantitative skills and ability to dive deep
• Ability to develop ideas independently and thrive in a fast-paced environment
• Strong communication and organizational skills
• BA/BS Required
Imagine being a part of an agile team where your ideas have the potential to reach millions. Picture working on cutting-edge consumer-facing products, where every single team member is a critical voice in the decision-making process. Envision being able to leverage the resources of a Fortune-500 company within the atmosphere of a start-up. Welcome to Amazon Music, where ideas are born and come to life as Amazon Music Unlimited, Prime Music, and so much more.
Our team is focused on building a personalized, curated, and seamless music experience. We want to help our customers discover up-and-coming artists, while also having access to their favorite established musicians. We build systems that are distributed on a large scale, spanning our music apps, web player, and voice-forward audio engagement on mobile and Amazon Echo devices, powered by Alexa to support our customer base. Amazon Music offerings are available in countries around the world, and our applications support our mission of delivering music to customers in new and exciting ways that enhance their day-to-day lives.
Come innovate with the Amazon Music team!