Commercial Counsel, Video
AmazonSanta Monica, CA
Full Time Job
Amazon Video is looking for a talented Corporate Counsel to support our rapidly growing and evolving digital video business. You will serve as the primary attorney responsible for counseling the business and drafting commercial licensing agreements as well as working on a broad range of product and regulatory issues. You will work directly with the business, serving as lead counsel on strategic deals, providing day-to-day advice, resolving issues that arise in existing commercial relationships and handling pre-litigation legal disputes and inquiries.
Principal duties include:
• Structuring, drafting, and negotiating complicated technology, distribution, licensing, marketing, and other commercial agreements
• Providing ongoing legal counseling in a wide range of legal areas, including product initiatives, intellectual property, digital media and international regulatory compliance
Some travel, domestic and international, will be required.
• J.D. degree from an accredited law school and active membership in one state bar are required
• Minimum 4 full years of legal experience (with at least two years at a law firm) as a transactional attorney
• In-house experience is a plus
• Content licensing, media, or technology experience is valuable
• Ability to work independently and demonstrate sound judgment in ambiguous situations
• Excellent communication, organizational, analytical, and computer skills
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation.