Casting Executive - IMDB TV
AmazonCulver City, CA
Full Time Job
The Casting Executive for IMDB TV role will work with the Head of Casting to oversee and manage the casting of IMDB TV Originals shows and hiring of casting directors for all original scripted and unscripted series thereby ensuring a steady flow of quality talent. This role will be a part of the Amazon casting team, working with the other Casting Executives, implementing processes, and infrastructure to support this pipeline of new programming content for the platform and help shape the long-term casting strategy and goals for Casting. This position will work closely with the IMDB TV Executives as well as the Co-Heads of IMDB TV.
You have a reputation for creativity, attention to detail and business insight. You are self-motivated with high energy and thrive in a fast-paced and deadline driven environment.
• Help to set and manage cast budgets in conjunction with IMDB TV execs and producers for pilots and series by making effective tradeoffs between production budgets and creative goals of a production.
• Identify talent for IMDB TV shows around the world
• Remain current on talent in upcoming movies, series, and theatre both domestic and international that raise the bar for IMDB TV.
• Help to create operational efficiencies both internally and externally
• Brings expertise to the most complex negotiations (regardless of deal size), in collaboration with Head of Casting, Legal and Business Affairs.
• Candidate should be a self-starter and feel confident in making casting decisions directly with the IMDB TV Team (at times without consultation from the Head of Casting)
• 6 years in casting and/or leading a casting function
• Bachelors Degree Required
• Track record of innovation
• Excellent written and oral communication skills and presentation skills