Business Development - EC2 Spot
AmazonSanta Monica, CA
This was removed by the employer on 8/8/2019 10:32:00 AM PST
Not to worry we have a lot of other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Marketing/Publicity/PR Category
Browse the MBAs Category
Browse the Sports Category
Browse the Studio Category
Search for Business Development - EC2 Spot jobs in Santa Monica-CA
Search all Business Development - EC2 Spot postings
Are you an employer?
How do I hire a Business Development - EC2 Spot? Amazon Web Services (AWS) is the pioneer and recognized leader in Cloud Computing. Our web services provide a platform for IT infrastructure in-the-cloud that is used by hundreds of thousands of developers and businesses around the world. These customers range from start-ups to leading web companies to Global 500 companies in financial services, pharmaceuticals, and technology. As a part of AWS, Amazon EC2 enables customers of all sizes to run their applications on our industry leading cloud infrastructure. EC2 redefines the economics and physics of computing, reducing the time to build a datacenter to minutes. Customers use EC2 to rapidly scale capacity up and down as their computing requirements change.
Amazon EC2 offers different pricing models to customers to help optimize their EC2 spend as their applications scale up and down. One of the pricing models, Amazon EC2 Spot Instances, allows users to take advantage of EC2's spare capacity at discounts of up to 90% of the On Demand model with the caveat that AWS may reclaim Spot Instances when needed by customers who are willing to pay the On Demand price. We are looking for a Sr. Business Development Manager to help define and execute the strategy to grow the EC2 Spot business by working with customers and finding use cases that take full advantage of the dynamic nature of cloud computing enabled by EC2 Spot.
You would use your business savvy to drive revenue, develop sales programs, and identify new markets and opportunities. You will work directly with the most interesting and demanding customers – from the world's hottest startups to the largest enterprises – to understand their requirements and turn them into reality.
Working hand in hand with our product team, sales teams, and solution architects, you will help customers leverage the scale of EC2 cost-effectively using EC2 Spot Instances. Your background in cloud-friendly, scalable architectures will help customers understand how to scale their infrastructure on the cloud. Your excellent verbal and written communication skills will allow you build sales enablement tools, evangelize our platform with our enterprise customers, start-ups and valued partners.
The ideal candidate will possess both a business background that enables them to drive an engagement and interact at the CxO/VP level, as well as a technical background that enables them to easily interact with software developers and architects. He/she should also have a demonstrated ability to think strategically and analytically about business, product, and technical challenges, with the ability to build and convey compelling value propositions, and work cross-organizationally to build consensus. A keen sense of ownership, drive, and Bias for Action is a must.
Roles & Responsibilities:
• Work closely with our customers to ensure they are successful using our web services, and that they have the technical resources required.
• Serve as a key member of the AWS Platform Business Development team focused on helping to drive overall AWS market and technical strategy.
• Help define and prioritize the AWS market segments, customer base, and industry verticals we target.
• Set a strategic business development plan for target markets and ensure it is in line with the AWS strategic direction.
• Work yourself out of a job by training the sales and technical field on how to identify and execute on EC2 Spot opportunities.
• Identify customer segments to approach while communicating the specific value proposition for their business, use case, and workload.
• Fill the business development pipeline by engaging with prospects, partners, and key customers.
• Understand the technical requirements of our customers and work closely with the internal development teams to guide the direction of our product offerings for developers.
• Prepare and give business reviews to the senior management team regarding progress and roadblocks to closing new customers.
• Manage complex contract negotiations and liaison with the legal group.
• Develop long-term strategic partnerships in support of our key markets.
• Handle a high volume of engagements and the fast pace of the cloud computing market.
• 10 years of business development, strategic partnerships, or program/product management experience
• 5 years selling technology, preferably cloud, hosted and managed services in technology industry
• Technical and/or business degree required.
• Strong verbal and written communication skills are a must, as well as leadership skills. Demonstrated ability to work effectively across internal and external organizations is a key.
• The right person will help identify use cases and market segments and develop a go-to-market strategy to drive growth. This person will be technical and analytical, and possess significant business development, enterprise sales, or program/product management experience.Experience selling to and/or working with Fortune 1000 and/or Global 2000 organizations
• Experience with cloud computing and or related fields (IT, software, etc)
• Strong analytical skills, and demonstrated ability to turn detailed data analysis into useful strategic insight in order to drive customer adoption and make appropriate recommendations to the business
• MBA or equivalent relevant business experience
• Solid negotiation skills, and business and financial acumen
• Experience with, and detailed knowledge of the support market and insights related to cloud computing and IT
This position must be located at one of our U.S. AWS Corp. offices with a preference for LA or Santa Monica, CA.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Amazon.com is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation / Age. This job is no longer available. Click here to view current job listings.